+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we get workpermit from TRV??

Bhavin2701

Nov 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Hello Guys,
My Name is Bhavin Patel from Ahmedabad(Gujarat-India). i am here web developer since

last 4 in reputed company. i compeleted my Master in Computer science. also i have completed A1 level in French.
i am willing to work in canada. so i met here one consultant. he suggest me to go on TRV(temperary resident visa) because i want to go as early as possible to canada from india. he said we will arrange you a desk job in canada. then your employeer will help you to grant 2 year work permit while you will there on TRV. so after about 45 days your TRV will cancel and you will get 2 year work permit.
So Guys please suggest me what should i do? is it possible to get work permit this way? should i go to canada through this way?
you can suggest me the right way on Bhavinpatel27@ymail.com on my email id too.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,
My Name is Bhavin Patel from Ahmedabad(Gujarat-India). i am here web developer since

last 4 in reputed company. i compeleted my Master in Computer science. also i have completed A1 level in French.
i am willing to work in canada. so i met here one consultant. he suggest me to go on TRV(temperary resident visa) because i want to go as early as possible to canada from india. he said we will arrange you a desk job in canada. then your employeer will help you to grant 2 year work permit while you will there on TRV. so after about 45 days your TRV will cancel and you will get 2 year work permit.
So Guys please suggest me what should i do? is it possible to get work permit this way? should i go to canada through this way?

Thanks a lot in Advance.
It's extremely difficult to get a job in Canada this way. For you to get a work permit, the employer has to spend many months and a lot of money to prove no Canadian could be found for the job and obtain an approved LMIA. Processing for an LMIA takes 4-6 months and then you still have to apply for a work permit after that. If it's a simple deck job, the LMIA will be refused because any Canadian can do this job.

Assume this plan will fail and the consultant is scamming you.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot in Advance.
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

I already had my TRV refused.
Many agents guided me the same way - to go early on TRV and then convert it to Work Permit.

Also, if you have any relatives - especially husband/spouse in Canada, NEVER opt for TRV - coz that is considered as malign intentions and then there are chances of your future visas taking more than usual processing time - and if they find any information that is not same with the previous application CIC would directly put a 2-5 years ban on you. So whichever agent you choose, make sure that they dont go for any shortcuts and give all correct information of yours and I would advice you to check the application yourself before submitting.

Reactions: Bhavin2701

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Never assume with CIC :)

My TRV been granted (my husband is Canadian citizen) and later i changed it to SOWP and PR - we applied by ourself

My friend, she was in TRV status with invitation of her best friend (not a spouse nor relative) in Canada and later changed into LMIA (sponsored by her friend who brough her to Canada) - using agency in Canada.

As long you be honest and follow the rules, everything will be fine otherwise as @Swapna26 told us, you will get ban...

Bhavin2701

Nov 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
Never assume with CIC :)

My TRV been granted (my husband is Canadian citizen) and later i changed it to SOWP and PR - we applied by ourself

My friend, she was in TRV status with invitation of her best friend (not a spouse nor relative) in Canada and later changed into LMIA (sponsored by her friend who brough her to Canada) - using agency in Canada.

As long you be honest and follow the rules, everything will be fine otherwise as @Swapna26 told us, you will get ban...
So what you say my friend. should i go with TRV?? what information should i know before apply this way?

Bhavin2701

Nov 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

Many agents guided me the same way - to go early on TRV and then convert it to Work Permit.

Also, if you have any relatives - especially husband/spouse in Canada, NEVER opt for TRV - coz that is considered as malign intentions and then there are chances of your future visas taking more than usual processing time - and if they find any information that is not same with the previous application CIC would directly put a 2-5 years ban on you. So whichever agent you choose, make sure that they dont go for any shortcuts and give all correct information of yours and I would advice you to check the application yourself before submitting.
i don't have any nearest relative. i have some peoples whom i know. means they are belong from my town. but they said me to go with express entry. and i think it will take much more time..may be what if i don't get chance in express entry? so i was thinking to go on this way. thanks a lot for your response.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
So what you say my friend. should i go with TRV?? what information should i know before apply this way?
You can do it but better with someone whom you know...

That friend i told you who came as TRV and now she applied for LMIA supported by her friend- her best friend since child (she). Coinsident her friend heritage a business from parent (car dealer) in Canada so in this side, no scam at all.

If you use the agent please make sure, thats genuine

What information you should know?
Please choose trusted agent!!!. You might research from people who been helped by this agency for example...

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
i don't have any nearest relative. i have some peoples whom i know. means they are belong from my town. but they said me to go with express entry. and i think it will take much more time..may be what if i don't get chance in express entry? so i was thinking to go on this way. thanks a lot for your response.
Express entry? More time is worthied bcs u can apply for PR. My friend tht i told you is under closed work permit (not open work permit) which is in the future she cant be a PR unless marry with Canadian..

Bhavin2701

Nov 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
You can do it but better with someone whom you know...

That friend i told you who came as TRV and now she applied for LMIA supported by her friend- her best friend since child (she). Coinsident her friend heritage a business from parent (car dealer) in Canada so in this side, no scam at all.

If you use the agent please make sure, thats genuine

What information you should know?
Please choose trusted agent!!!. You might research from people who been helped by this agency for example...
Thanks a lot for your kind response. agency said they can give me reference details after checking that my profile is approved for apply TRV. and after some payment. some agency says you have to pay some amount here and other payment have to pay by installment from salary.. Other Agency who is also giving job offer latter before i go and they are giving me work permit from here. but they demand more money here.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Thanks a lot for your kind response. agency said they can give me reference details after checking that my profile is approved for apply TRV. and after some payment. some agency says you have to pay some amount here and other payment have to pay by installment from salary.. Other Agency who is also giving job offer latter before i go and they are giving me work permit from here. but they demand more money here.
I guess u need to researche from your side not only reference from their side ;)you also have to researche many things such as the min salary, in Calgary, Canada is $13/hour and tax around 30% paid biweekly, rental room min $500/month etc etc - note if u under closed work permit u cant work with other company for part time and contract basis

I know some foreigner medical doctors and they said many more here start their life as taxi driver for 5-10years but defend...

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
please be careful ...payment by installment from salary looks like scam..

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

you need minimum 5 months to get work permit(normal processing)..2-3 moths for LMIA and then apply for it..IELTS RESUME PASSPORT FRONT AND BACK PAGES NEEDED WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER..IS ALSO NEEDED..AM THROUGH CONSULTANT MODE.. WORK PERMIT IS ONLY PROCESS TAKES LESSER TIME THAN EXPRESS OR PR....never or ever believe entry is easy. for shortcuts.

Bhavin2701

Nov 22, 2014
Ahmedabad
you need minimum 5 months to get work permit(normal processing)..2-3 moths for LMIA and then apply for it..IELTS RESUME PASSPORT FRONT AND BACK PAGES NEEDED WORK EXPERIENCE LETTER..IS ALSO NEEDED..AM THROUGH CONSULTANT MODE.. WORK PERMIT IS ONLY PROCESS TAKES LESSER TIME THAN EXPRESS OR PR....never or ever believe entry is easy. for shortcuts.
Thanks a lot buddy. some of Consultants also offering me to get workpermit and offer latter before i fly to canada. they said we will get your job offer latter first than some of amount you have to pay there to our co-partner and some amount here to same consultant(near about 1.5 lacks). so is this good to choose this option? should i go through???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot buddy. some of Consultants also offering me to get workpermit and offer latter before i fly to canada. they said we will get your job offer latter first than some of amount you have to pay there to our co-partner and some amount here to same consultant(near about 1.5 lacks). so is this good to choose this option? should i go through???
Scam.

Reactions: Buletruck