+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we extend the passport request deadline?

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello guys,

I have got my PPR for my wife. Is it possible that I can have the deadline to send the passport extended? They have just given 30 days to send the passport to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. What could be the maximum duration that they would be able to extend it by? Does anybody know if they can give another 3 months? I am in an awkward situation.

Please guide.

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no one can answer your question as it depends on the visa office. if you need an extension, then you will want to request one by submitting a case specific enquiry and explaining why you need the extension. the visa office will respond. i think they give extensions in 30 day increments (30, 60, 90 days), but again that depends on the visa office. if you need an additional 90 days, then ask for that or more.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HeroMember said:
Oh ok, i will try emailing them i guess.
besides sending a regular email, you will want to send a case specific enquiry through the cic website.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HeroMember said:
As a sponsor, can i send it myself or my wife has to send it.
are you listed as a representative for her file? if not, then she needs to be the one to contact cic, as she is the one required to send the passport. if you are listed as a representative, they will accept the request from you.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
I received a reply back from cic. They are asking me the reason as to why we want to extend the deadline to send the passport. I was wondering what reason I should give. Actually the problem in my case is that our relationship is in trouble. We are not sure if the relationship would continue. There are still some negotiations going on between the two families. Is it ok if I give this reason to CIC that the negotiations are going on and we need some time. If reconciliation happens, then the passport can be sent. Would it be ok to send a reason like that?

Or should I just say that my spouse is traveling and she has her passport with her, and thats why she is not able to send her passport right now. But I fear then they might ask for proof of traveling or something, like bookings, tickets etc.?

Can somebody please guide as to what reason I should give ? Please help. Thank you

I am in sad situation. My application was processed really fast; it took only 5 months from application received date to passport request. But unfortunately I ended up in a bad relationship.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HeroMember said:
I received a reply back from cic. They are asking me the reason as to why we want to extend the deadline to send the passport. I was wondering what reason I should give.

you need to tell them the truth. if you lie, that is misrepresentation and that will lead to greater problems.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you need to tell them the truth. if you lie, that is misrepresentation and that will lead to greater problems.
Agreed!

Hasan