+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we change Primary Applicant from myself to my wife after 2 years of filing an EoI?

AditChouhan

Nov 13, 2018
Hi All!

Hope you all are doing great. This is my first question in this forum. Looking forward for all your help in getting clarity over multiple queries later as well.

I had filed EoI 2 years ago from India along with my wife and our score was 399. At that point i was just below 35 and now i am above 37 yrs of age. And, my wife is 36 yrs old as of today. So, we are thinking of making her as a primary applicant now to hopefully get a better revised score. Is it possible to make this change in your filed EoI?

If yes, how to do it? Please share steps.

Thank you in advance.

Adit Chouhan

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
You may need to create a new profile with her as PA.
However you can have both the current and new profile active, as such no harm

Reactions: AditChouhan

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hi All!

Hope you all are doing great. This is my first question in this forum. Looking forward for all your help in getting clarity over multiple queries later as well.

I had filed EoI 2 years ago from India along with my wife and our score was 399. At that point i was just below 35 and now i am above 37 yrs of age. And, my wife is 36 yrs old as of today. So, we are thinking of making her as a primary applicant now to hopefully get a better revised score. Is it possible to make this change in your filed EoI?

If yes, how to do it? Please share steps.

Thank you in advance.

Adit Chouhan
My suggestion is, to get better scores around 440 which is nearby to cut off, you'd need to score better in IELTS. You'd also need your wife to take IELTS and score more points. The ideal score is 8-7-7-7 and that should help you get it right.

You can withdraw this file and go ahead as with the current cut off, your score isn't gonna help you.

AditChouhan

Nov 13, 2018
My suggestion is, to get better scores around 440 which is nearby to cut off, you'd need to score better in IELTS. You'd also need your wife to take IELTS and score more points. The ideal score is 8-7-7-7 and that should help you get it right.

You can withdraw this file and go ahead as with the current cut off, your score isn't gonna help you.
My IELTS Score was CLB Level 9 and my wife's was bit lower which can be improved. We anyways need to give the IELTS again since the scores have expired now. So, will try and score the best we can.

How to withdraw this file? Does that mean my money will be lost or i can do fresh filing without any additional fee? Please elaborate on this.

AditChouhan

Nov 13, 2018
Creating an EE profile is free ... What cost are you talking about?
Oh. Ok. We were getting our filing done via an agency till now. And, they really made a mess of it. So, i might be unaware of the exact process. Can you please share how exactly do i go ahead now? I don't have the login details of our earlier EE profile created by the agency. So, can we just disregard it and start the process afresh? Please guide.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oh. Ok. We were getting our filing done via an agency till now. And, they really made a mess of it. So, i might be unaware of the exact process. Can you please share how exactly do i go ahead now? I don't have the login details of our earlier EE profile created by the agency. So, can we just disregard it and start the process afresh? Please guide.
Ah .. okay.. I have read too many horror stories of agencies on this forum. If you have time and can research yourself you don't need an agency. You can research for yourself and find information. You don't need previous log-in details. Just create a new account.

All the information you need is on CIC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

AditChouhan

Nov 13, 2018
Ah .. okay.. I have read too many horror stories of agencies on this forum. If you have time and can research yourself you don't need an agency. You can research for yourself and find information. You don't need previous log-in details. Just create a new account.

All the information you need is on CIC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
Thanks a ton. That's true. The agency is almost a fraud. Looting people.

So, let me start afresh. Our WES scores still hold good. IELTS, we will give again. Just one more query:

I have a Bachelor in Engineering and a PG Diploma in Telecom Management (Mktg and Fin). The agency suggested not to submit my PG details during WES process saying it's not valid. How do i find out if my post grads certificate is valid or not and if it can help increase our scores further up?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks a ton. That's true. The agency is almost a fraud. Looting people.

So, let me start afresh. Our WES scores still hold good. IELTS, we will give again. Just one more query:

I have a Bachelor in Engineering and a PG Diploma in Telecom Management (Mktg and Fin). The agency suggested not to submit my PG details during WES process saying it's not valid. How do i find out if my post grads certificate is valid or not and if it can help increase our scores further up?
Not sure why your agency said that. For WES you can use this link to see if they recognize your degree or not

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

If they don't there are other agencies like IQAS .. I have not personally used them so not sure how they work. But they do take minimum 4 months to do ECA.

AditChouhan

Nov 13, 2018
Not sure why your agency said that. For WES you can use this link to see if they recognize your degree or not

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

If they don't there are other agencies like IQAS .. I have not personally used them so not sure how they work. But they do take minimum 4 months to do ECA.
Alright. Let me check on the link you have shared. The other agencies that i came across through the earlier link you had shared are these:

Will check with their sites as well if WES doesn't support it.

Thanks a ton Cansha. Really appreciate it. Had i known there is so much help available online, i wouldn't have wasted so much of money, time and peace of mind with this agency.

Shall ask more, if i need further guidance. Hope that's okay.

Cheers..!!

Adit Chouhan

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Alright. Let me check on the link you have shared. The other agencies that i came across through the earlier link you had shared are these:

Will check with their sites as well if WES doesn't support it.

Thanks a ton Cansha. Really appreciate it. Had i known there is so much help available online, i wouldn't have wasted so much of money, time and peace of mind with this agency.

Shall ask more, if i need further guidance. Hope that's okay.

Cheers..!!

Adit Chouhan
Yep all the best!