+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for visa prior to medical results?

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
I’m asked to do further medical test which will be completed only by the end of May, but my first medical report is already in immigration office. So is it possible for me to apply for visa now but medical results be available only in may end.

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Okay but why am asking is because I happen to hear that from April 1st onwards the gic will be increased to 20000cad. So I dont want to be affected by that new rule and want to apply before April 1st. But am not aware about visa office and functioning. So I can apply for visa now right? And the application will reach them and only thing is they will start assessing only after medical results come, Is that so? Can u please evaluate my situation and elaborate the visa filing situation?

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Bu
Under SDS, GIC amount is $10k. There is no indication by CIC of any change to this. What's your IELTS score?
But if they happen to be true, then I might face trouble, so to be on safe part am planning to pay gic and apply for visa before April 1st. And they will get my results by end of may and hence the process goes smooth I guess. So as of your Knowledge, applying earlier is not an issue right? And they wont reject my file as it takes 3 months to get results right?

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Unless it comes from an official channel, I won't acknowledge it. But, yes you can apply now. If CIC sends you a medical request, they will most likely ask you to respond within 30 days. You then ask for an extension citing the reasons why your medical is delayed and they will agree to it.
Why is your further testing taking so long?
I have already done my medical test earlier in feb but I have been asked from immigration for further medical check because of an xray issue which is the result of an infection happened 6 yrs ago. And that test requires a time of 3 months to complete, as am suppose to take an xray in may. That’s the reason why it will get delay and about my case cic is already aware. So what am a supposeto do?