+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Revised GIC to $20000 CAD

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Dear Student

I am sure that by now you’d have started to get questions about revised amount for GIC. Here is what we know so far:

1) We have checked with Scotiabank and ICICI. They have confirmed that they have been informed by IRCC that from 1st of April the revised GIC amount will be CAD $20,000

We’ll keep checking on this and will update you all as soon as we hear more. Also request you to proceed and lodge your case at earliest. Thanks

JacobJit

Feb 22, 2019
Dear Student

I am sure that by now you’d have started to get questions about revised amount for GIC. Here is what we know so far:

1) We have checked with Scotiabank and ICICI. They have confirmed that they have been informed by IRCC that from 1st of April the revised GIC amount will be CAD $20,000

We’ll keep checking on this and will update you all as soon as we hear more. Also request you to proceed and lodge your case at earliest. Thanks
Sir, if I pay my gic before April 1st and apply for visa only after may then will I be affected with it anyway?. And how many days will it take to make the scotiabank account and get funds transferred to them.

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Wait for any official information from IRCC, then we will come to know about the exact procedure.

amy333

Nov 2, 2018
Sir, if I pay my gic before April 1st and apply for visa only after may then will I be affected with it anyway?. And how many days will it take to make the scotiabank account and get funds transferred to them.
i have same ques ??

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
if I pay my gic before April 1st and apply for visa only after may then will I be affected with it anyway?.
Until you get official news from IRCC you can follow existing rules. Any major changes to the SDS program will be told in advance by IRCC. If you like you can always contact them and clarify. GIC is like a Term deposit or a Fixed deposit, The GIC required for SDS visa is set by IRCC and not the banks.

amy333

Nov 2, 2018
Until you get official news from IRCC you can follow existing rules. Any major changes to the SDS program will be told in advance by IRCC. If you like you can always contact them and clarify. GIC is like a Term deposit or a Fixed deposit, The GIC required for SDS visa is set by IRCC and not the banks.
how to contact them ?