+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for Student visa & EE at the same time? Please help. Confused

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
You got any reply?
Hi, seoultrain, i know this post is old however i am in the same situation, i was in the EE pool which was withdrawn, now i am applying for study permit so in the IMM1294 form i have doubt about the background question
'' Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada'' so am i supposed to answer it as YES or NO. and if i say NO can i comment in teh box saying i had a profile which i withdrew along with the reason.

progrey

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
I have applied for a study permit but also have an EE profile and a valid Canadian TRV. I am in the US working on a H1B. 9 years back I was denied a US B1/B2, later got it, then a student visa and H1b as well. I didn't disclose my EE profile since it didn't occur to me as an application but only as an expression of interest.

Seeing that someone's study permit app got denied cos of lack of disclosure, I am wondering what is the best way to communicate to CIC that I have an active EE profile. Or do I need to at all? Seeing that someone posted that they got denied on Sec 16(2), makes me wonder to act when I still have time. My application is still under process. Any advice would be useful?

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
@progrey Did you get the visa or no?

Could you pls throw some light on this. Even I have an EE profile with a low CRS score though. I cannot apply for PNP as not into those fields/dont qualify for it without LMAI. My profile will expire in Jan but will this affect my SP.

missylindy

Apr 29, 2016
Even though I had EE profile, i was able to get the study permit. you can include a Letter of Explanation to your application and let CIC know that you have a EE profile and even on the Application form, there is a part that ask whether you have applied to CIC before, you can indicate it there.

You have to let them know your real reason for applying for the study permit (that is to study) and how the program you are admitted to will benefit you afterwards and how you will finance your education in the Letter of Explanation.

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Thank you so much @missylindy

Could you pls share some words you had written to explain how EE profile and now applying for student visa. Becoz they will doubt you won't come back after study... How to justify that? I am serious about my master's.

TowerBridge

Aug 8, 2017
Hi

Do you guys use the same GC key for EE to create an application for study permit ? I am in EE pool with CRS 410 and now want to apply for a study permit.

Thanks

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Even though I had EE profile, i was able to get the study permit. you can include a Letter of Explanation to your application and let CIC know that you have a EE profile and even on the Application form, there is a part that ask whether you have applied to CIC before, you can indicate it there.

You have to let them know your real reason for applying for the study permit (that is to study) and how the program you are admitted to will benefit you afterwards and how you will finance your education in the Letter of Explanation.

Hi, I understand that one should never lie on applications. Many people thought that retracting EE profiles would benefit a study permit being approved. From my perspective, it will, in fact, give a negative impact rather a positive one simply because CIC have all the records.

My question is: for those programs last only 6 months which won't contribute any immigration points to me, will it be difficult to get a study permit?
I am considering a 6+6 co-op program.

I would state clearly on my application that "I am an EE candidate whose score is below 400, and this program is only benefiting my career, not my immigration status."

Do you think this would help?

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
If we reach Canada on study permit and apply for express entry from within Canada can we show GIC as proof of funds ??

homiii

Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys. I have applied for visa in cic as a quebec skilled worker ( with CSQ ) some weeks ago. And as it is noted on cic website it takes about 18 months to get visa. On the other hand I have a good offer admission from a good university in Canada for fall 2019. It is clear that I could not get visa before fall 2019. Could I apply for student visa at the same time?

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have obtained my study permit and I will be landing in Canada on April20th.
In the meantime I have also secured CLB9 and an ITA in the last draw but I am quite confused whether to proceed with express entry submission now or wait till my landing.

Please suggest me how should I proceed and which way would be more beneficial for me?

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hi,
Same like mentioned scenario, my profile is in Express Entry pool, Now I have got the admission for Masters,
There is a question in Student visa application form as follows:

Have you ever applied to enter or remain in Canada??
What should I Answer??

Current EE status is Ineligible as I have removed my spouse details
Also got to know CIC will get to know about EE upon checking with my Passport Num
Just being in EE pool should be considered as we have applied for PR to enter into that country??
Or till we receive ITA we are not suppose to consider as application rather it would be just Expression of Interest

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi all
If we reach Canada on study permit and complete our studies and then apply for express entry from within Canada to enter into the EE pool will it be a longer procedure, OR should one first create an EE profile in India before going on a student visa for master's???

vjanki90

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

I am asking this question for my cousin.

He has got admission for a PG Diploma course in Canada and is also eligible for FSW. He is planning to apply for Student visa next week.At the same time can he apply for Express entry or is it better to apply for Student visa first and then after reaching Canada can he apply Express Entry.

Experts,what will be the impact. Can you please give your thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Brenna
Having 2 intents (1 for temporary residence and 1 for permanent residence) is legitimate. This section addresses how to apply subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) to the decision-making process.

Subsection A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.