+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply 2 applications for permanent resident ?

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hi All,

My wife(main applicant) applied for Residency visa in skilled worker category in April 2007(Simplfied Application Process) from New Delhi,India office.

Now in the new rules the processing times are faster and my wife's profession is in ministrial instructed 38 professions and we are thinking to apply another application. Currently we are residing in London and planning to apply from London office.

Can we apply new application in new rules when we already have application ? will that affect our previous application ?

Thanks in advance..

Cheers,
Deepak Babbar

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Yes, the same principal applicant can apply under the new rules (or under a different immigration category for example Provincial Nominee or any other category) with or without withdrawing the previous FSW application. So the choice is yours if you want to apply a second time while your first application is under processing. Make sure in the forms you fill that you MUST disclose/mention that you have an FSW application under processing.

If I was in your position I will go forward and apply again. 2007 cases may take ages to decide/finalise at the currrent pace CHC Delhi is working. At present they are finalising last quarter of 2003 cases.

All the best.

Regards
Singh

Disclaimer: I am not an immigration expert/lawyer/consultant. The above is my personal opinion expressed in good faith, to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no rules saying you can't have two applications so go for it. The average processing time for applications in New Delhi under the old rules is 69 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp#asia so you would be looking at Canada in 2013 if you stuck with it.