Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
CAN + VISITOR VISA STILL EXIST IN INDIA ?

MY SISTER HAS BEEN IN CANADA ONCE IN YEAR 2015 AND WANTS TO VISIT CANADA AGIN.

HER PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE SOON AND SHE NEEDS TO GET NEW VISA.

CAN + PROGRAM STILL EXIST IN INDIA ??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, she can apply under the CAN+ program. She must include her current passport as proof of travel to Canada

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Bryanna said:
Yes, she can apply under the CAN+ program. She must include her current passport as proof of travel to Canada
Thank you.

I tried checking document checklist but it doesn't show anywhwhere that CAN PLUS program exist in India > ?

Where is document checklist, which says about CAN+ visitor visa program ?

Thanks again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can have a look at the Visa Office Instructions for India:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Bryanna said:
You can have a look at the Visa Office Instructions for India:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications
Thank you so much Bryanna...You are always helpful...

One more question....

Can she apply online as CAN+ ???

Would be there any option for CAN+ on online application > ??

When we apply can +, we don't need to get any invitation letter or bank information ??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're welcome :)

No, there is no separate TRV form/selection for CAN+..... she can apply online.

She can mention she is applying under CAN+ in the Covering Letter..... and she must scan the entry stamp to Canada (this is necessary for CAN+)

CAN+ means fewer financial documents.... however, an Invitation Letter + regular documents will help. I suggest showing strong ties + some financial documents even for CAN+

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Just a heads up: You can only request processing under CAN+, but its not guaranteed. We applied online and requested CAN+ last month. It took about 4 weeks to process the visa, which more or less matches the normal TRV processing time.

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
Tara said:
Just a heads up: You can only request processing under CAN+, but its not guaranteed. We applied online and requested CAN+ last month. It took about 4 weeks to process the visa, which more or less matches the normal TRV processing time.
hi tara when u r submitted u r father passport to cic ny, did u included email confrmation that passport can submit any where in usa or india? am also in same situation but reverse to u r case, my wife applied in usa, now she is india

sageaugie

Jul 4, 2016
Hi. I am in a bit of pickle and then found this amazing thread.
I am a doctor on a Work permit in Canada, which expires on July 10 and my work permit extension is pending. My family of 3 was with me on Open work permit/Dependent Visa but now in India for vacation. Their Visas also expire on July 10. I haven't been able to apply for their dependent visas pending my Work permit extension approval. Now they have air tickets booked for July 25th but with expired Visas. Its clear that they would not get Dependent visas on time.
I was thinking of applying for tourist visas for them but the processing time of 24 days in India is deflating. Its 7 days if applying from Canada. Questions
1. Is there is anyway they can get a tourist visa from India on time to re enter Canada? I read about the CAN+ program here. We have a US visa too. Do they really keep their flat "5 day" promise?
2. Can I apply for a tourist Visa from Canada taking advantage of the 7 day processing time and once invited submit their Indian passports in Canadian Visa office for stamping and express deliver it to India? I am not sure if I am even allowed to do that!!!
3. Or should I give up hope and just reschedule their flight till their Dependent Visas are approved?
Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Is there is anyway they can get a tourist visa from India on time to re enter Canada? I read about the CAN+ program here. We have a US visa too. Do they really keep their flat "5 day" promise?
Nowhere does CIC/visa office give a *5 days promise* for CAN+ applications

2. Can I apply for a tourist Visa from Canada taking advantage of the 7 day processing time and once invited submit their Indian passports in Canadian Visa office for stamping and express deliver it to India? I am not sure if I am even allowed to do that!!!
You cannot apply for new TRVs from within Canada. They must apply from India.

And, it is illegal to transport Indian passports through post/courier (they wouldn't even accept it).

3. Or should I give up hope and just reschedule their flight till their Dependent Visas are approved?
Maybe you can reschedule their tickets if their CAN+ applications take longer than expected

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Yes I included those emails. Canadian Consulate returned those email printouts as well along with passport.
ananyaram said:
hi tara when u r submitted u r father passport to cic ny, did u included email confrmation that passport can submit any where in usa or india? am also in same situation but reverse to u r case, my wife applied in usa, now she is india

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
Tara said:
Yes I included those emails. Canadian Consulate returned those email printouts as well along with passport.
thank you for u r response

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
Tara said:
can u share the email address of india and usa which was u send a enquiry mail regarding passport submiton

rahul3210

Nov 18, 2016
hi. My family has applied for can + tourist visa. we are 4 member in family . earlier , we applied twice under normal visitor category with rejection both times. we HAVE ALREADY TRAVELLED TO uk , usa , and europe .ON TOURIST VISA. this time when we submitted our application, the vfs person said that as we have rejection last time, so our application wont be processed under CAN+..IS this real ? as far i have heard to be eligible under can + programme , person has to be travelled to usa last 10 years.. and nothing else condition is there.? i have another querry also, since we are 4 members, we have put just one covering letter for can plus category for entire family .was this enough or did we need to put 4 separate letters.?
also let me know much time it would require to be processed ...?