+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can the owner revoke my permanent residency?

momoland

Jul 24, 2018
Hello, I am a worker in Canada.

Currently I work at a restaurant and got invitation from CIC.
Now, I am almost done everything to apply for permanent residency and all documents are set up. Plus I got Letter Of Employment and Job Offer Letter. There is owner's hand writing sign on them.
Literally, everything is ready for applying. Filling up the form of application is left.

My question can be complicated.
Can the owner revoke my application of permanent residency before I land?
If she can, When do I have to wait till? Because I want to avoid the risks. For examples, I get fired before I land or she revokes my permanent residency.
I am doing it with Express Entry Skilled Worker Trade Program.

The reason I am asking is I am worried that she might revoke my permanent residency because I am going to complain about the way we work at the restaurant, which is very unfair and against the law.

Thank you guys for reading my question. I look forward to getting information.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am a worker in Canada.

Currently I work at a restaurant and got invitation from CIC.
Now, I am almost done everything to apply for permanent residency and all documents are set up. Plus I got Letter Of Employment and Job Offer Letter. There is owner's hand writing sign on them.
Literally, everything is ready for applying. Filling up the form of application is left.

My question can be complicated.
Can the owner revoke my application of permanent residency before I land?
If she can, When do I have to wait till? Because I want to avoid the risks. For examples, I get fired before I land or she revokes my permanent residency.
I am doing it with Express Entry Skilled Worker Trade Program.

The reason I am asking is I am worried that she might revoke my permanent residency because I am going to complain about the way we work at the restaurant, which is very unfair and against the law.

Thank you guys for reading my question. I look forward to getting information.
No - they can't.

Reactions: momoland

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
She cannot do that, but she can refuse to validate the letter if CIC calls her during application processing. CIC does not call each and every employer for each and every applicant, but they do it if there is any doubt/question about the letter.

Reactions: momoland

momoland

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for your reply! I guess I have to wait for my PR application is approved.:(

Last edited:

Elle-Belle

Feb 6, 2019
What about revoke after getting PR and landing?
Our employer under AIPP says he want to revoke all PRs for persons who left him after the got PR.
Can he do it? Where to read the laws or acts?
Thank you