+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can SuperVisa holders(Parents) get also a work permit within Canada?

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Hi, Guys,

I was wondering for our folks If it's still possible for them to secure a work permit,

Or

In my parents' case, They are not in Canada, holding only TR status right now. Should I apply for Super Visas for them, or let them keep the TR status, then go directly for the work permit? If TR to WP still possible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, Guys,

I was wondering for our folks If it's still possible for them to secure a work permit,

Or

In my parents' case, They are not in Canada, holding only TR status right now. Should I apply for Super Visas for them, or let them keep the TR status, then go directly for the work permit? If TR to WP still possible.
What is TR? TRV? Supervisa requires you meeting LICO, parents need medical and a year of health insurance. Your parents need a LMIA from an employer who has filed $1k and proven no Canadian or PR could be hired, only your parents. Depending on the job, they may need IELTS and ECA. Once they have a LMIA, they apply for a closed work permit.

Reactions: HanenBlade

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Guys,

Or

It's possible if they can secure a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer is willing and able to obtain an approved LMIA.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
What is TR? TRV? Supervisa requires you meeting LICO, parents need medical and a year of health insurance. Your parents need a LMIA from an employer who has filed $1k and proven no Canadian or PR could be hired, only your parents. Depending on the job, they may need IELTS and ECA. Once they have a LMIA, they apply for a closed work permit.
Yes yes! TRV. I see, Thank you so much for your reply, I thought the TRV to Work permit policy was still around. Btw, Could I ask you about LICO:

In the most updated LICO:
2 persons$33,140
3 persons$40,742

If I wish to sponsor both of my parents, Should it be considered as 2 persons, or 3 persons(Including me)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes yes! TRV. I see, Thank you so much for your reply, I thought the TRV to Work permit policy was still around. Btw, Could I ask you about LICO:

In the most updated LICO:
2 persons$33,140
3 persons$40,742

If I wish to sponsor both of my parents, Should it be considered as 2 persons, or 3 persons(Including me)?
TRV to work policy is still there but parents still need a LMIA. Just allows them to stay in Canada during processing. You are 3 people. If married with children add to the number.

• Love

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much! I just thought the TRV to WP thing is still around.
This still requires a job offer and approved LMIA. The policy didn't eliminate the need for these things. All it does is allow people to apply for a closed work permit from within Canada if they meet these requirements.

• Love