+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone PLEASE explain medical surveillance? so confused.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Last edited:
Reactions: lissylin

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
Hello , I have received my copr and I am planning to do soft landing in March. I will be in Canada only for 4 days. I have received the IMM0535 medical surveillance form . How should I setup an appt to get the taken care of during my visit. Is there a phone number. Please guide.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Hello , I have received my copr and I am planning to do soft landing in March. I will be in Canada only for 4 days. I have received the IMM0535 medical surveillance form . How should I setup an appt to get the taken care of during my visit. Is there a phone number. Please guide.
Hello, when I told about medical surveillance during landing process, officer handed me out a paper with phone number on it. But it was just like phone number for province. I called and they told me to contact public health unit in my region. Then I contacted TB nurse in public health and she told me to wait until I was under OHIP coverege. After 3 months I called her back and she mailed me a x-ray requisition and sent me to a doctor. After I completed those steps, TB nurse sent me a clearance letter from medical surveillance.

That was my experience in Waterloo region Ontario. It's hard to get an appointment in four days and get everything done. Maybe after you land you should call your local public health branch and ask.

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have searched 12 pages deep and cant seem to find anything related to this topic. My husband who I am sponsoring recently did his medical exam and his GCKey account states he passed his medical exam. He received an e-mail today stating:

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after three months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit atIRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

Anyone else ever have this before and have any information, it would be truly helpful.

Thanks!

Did you end up applying for PR before you went for the medical survelliance?

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have searched 12 pages deep and cant seem to find anything related to this topic. My husband who I am sponsoring recently did his medical exam and his GCKey account states he passed his medical exam. He received an e-mail today stating:

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after three months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit atIRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

Anyone else ever have this before and have any information, it would be truly helpful.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Did you apply fOR PR aftre receiving this letter?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys! I received a letter from BCCDC regarding with my appointment on august 10 to the TB clinic and says bring the letter they sent, my passport and immigration papers.. I was just wondering if what immigration papers should I bring? Im an inland applicant and already got my OWP.

Thank you in advance :)

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys! I received a letter from BCCDC regarding with my appointment on august 10 to the TB clinic and says bring the letter they sent, my passport and immigration papers.. I was just wondering if what immigration papers should I bring? Im an inland applicant and already got my OWP.

Thank you in advance :)
I think you need the medical request letter they sent you and two pictures and passport for medical exam. I could be wrong too.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
I think you need the medical request letter they sent you and two pictures and passport for medical exam. I could be wrong too.
I already passed the medical exam. The BCCDC mailed me a letter of schedule for my medical surveillance bcoz I had TB before and was cured 8yrs ago. Then on the letter they told me to bring the letter they sent, my passport and immigration papers on the day of my schedule so I was just wondering what immigration papers could I bring cuz I haven't got approved yet for my PR but I have my OWP.

Amy_q

Jul 26, 2020
Hey Guys, I received an email from IRCC recently for P/T PHA about my inactive TB. I have some question about that.
My background: I just received invitation for Express entry and I am in Canada right now. Under work permit.
1) They sent that email to my old agent who is in my home country. I already left my email address and everything when I do upfront body check in Clinic. How should I modify the home address or email cause I am afraid I will miss the email or phone call for follow up surveillance.
2) What will happen for surveillance, I will affect the immigration officer make a decision for my PR? I already did the body check when I inland first time for studying in Canada. The doctor in Montreal told me the TB is already inactive for many years I don't need to worry about that. I don't know why they still need surveillance again.

Thanks for the help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Guys, I received an email from IRCC recently for P/T PHA about my inactive TB. I have some question about that.
My background: I just received invitation for Express entry and I am in Canada right now. Under work permit.
1) They sent that email to my old agent who is in my home country. I already left my email address and everything when I do upfront body check in Clinic. How should I modify the home address or email cause I am afraid I will miss the email or phone call for follow up surveillance.
2) What will happen for surveillance, I will affect the immigration officer make a decision for my PR? I already did the body check when I inland first time for studying in Canada. The doctor in Montreal told me the TB is already inactive for many years I don't need to worry about that. I don't know why they still need surveillance again.

Thanks for the help
You mayhave to repeat another chest x-ray or two and a sputum culture.

Anssax

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks for the help
Hope you have any update ?, I am exactly in the same situation, Thanks