+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone PLEASE explain medical surveillance? so confused.

Amy_q

Jul 26, 2020
Hey Guys, I received an email from IRCC recently for P/T PHA about my inactive TB. I have some question about that.
My background: I just received invitation for Express entry and I am in Canada right now. Under work permit.
1) They sent that email to my old agent who is in my home country. I already left my email address and everything when I do upfront body check in Clinic. How should I modify the home address or email cause I am afraid I will miss the email or phone call for follow up surveillance.
2) What will happen for surveillance, I will affect the immigration officer make a decision for my PR? I already did the body check when I inland first time for studying in Canada. The doctor in Montreal told me the TB is already inactive for many years I don't need to worry about that. I don't know why they still need surveillance again.

Thanks for the help
Hey guys, for my medical surveillance(I forward my old message), I got an updated email recently. I am a little confused and surprise, cause I did nothing about it. Just got this email said I complete surveillance. Does this mean they remove my surveillance and not affect my PR application? Or I still need to worry about medical immigration officer's final decision? Thanks in advance ;)

Below is the email content:

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) records, you are in compliance with the medical surveillance requirements associated with your application. This means that you have completed the actions that were asked of you in relation to your medical condition.
No further action is required of you in regards to your medical surveillance at this time. Please note that the Public Health Authority in your province or territory may continue to follow-up with you about your health condition for their own records.
We have updated your IRCC file to indicate your compliance and included a copy of this message.

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I have searched 12 pages deep and cant seem to find anything related to this topic. My husband who I am sponsoring recently did his medical exam and his GCKey account states he passed his medical exam. He received an e-mail today stating:

"The results of your immigration medical examination (IME) indicate that you are required to report to a provincial/territorial public health authority (P/T PHA), as you may have a medical condition considered to be one of public health significance in Canada requiring a medical follow-up referred to as surveillance.

The P/T PHA has the responsibility to conduct a medical follow-up according to established protocols. Therefore, you may receive a letter or a phone call from the P/T PHA regarding next steps to completing medical surveillance. The P/T PHA must inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you have complied with medical surveillance for IRCC to update your file. If you have not heard anything from the P/T PHA after three months, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit at IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

For IRCC to notify the designated P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement, please kindly ensure that you have provided IRCC with your updated Canadian residential address. A copy of your IME will also be sent along with the notification. Please know that without a Canadian residential address, IRCC cannot inform the P/T PHA of your medical surveillance requirement. If you do not know your address upon arrival, or if you relocate to a different province prior to your appointment with public health, please email the Public Health Liaison Unit atIRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

As a friendly reminder, failure to comply with all the conditions in this notice may be reportable under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and could have an adverse impact on your current and/or subsequent immigration applications to Canada.

Anyone else ever have this before and have any information, it would be truly helpful.

Thanks!
Hi,
I received same email today, Can you suggest me what should i Do next!
thanks

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi,
I received exactly the same email today for my express entry application. I am already in Canada on a work permit and have applied for permanent residence. What is the next step I can take after getting this email? Just want to know what did you do after getting this email?
Your answer will help me. Thanks
I received exactly the same email today. What should i do next.
thanks

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
I received exactly the same email today. What should i do next.
thanks
Hey,
Last year when applying for my work permit I received same, I also received same when I applied for my study permit,
If you aren’t sure what to may I suggest you contact
IRCC.MHBSurveillance-SurveillanceDGMS.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Ask the questions to clarify your doubts, if already in Canada and had not provided an address, inform them about the address you’ll be/are living at in Canada, then the provincial health authority will contact you within 3 months, to follow up on whatever conditions you have.

I’m saying this from my experience,
don’t forget to mention your UCI, Date of birth and full names when writing them.

Im no expert, I’m just saying from my personal experience on 2 occasions.

hope this helps

Reactions: Arjun Singh Rawat
Mar 10, 2016
Hello everyone,
I need help and suggestion.
I have to undergo medical servillence in Quebec so I took app on feb2 , 2021. I took treatment in India and now after landing in canada , I been informed to complete this . How much time it usually take ? Secondly, now I have applied for my study permit for may intake 2021 does this affect this process?How much it will cost for this follow up process since I have no local health insurance card of Quebec?
Please help and suggest.
I am nervous.

Mar 10, 2016
I went through this process.My every report was normal but IRCC told me that I have a latent TB.When I landed in Toronto Airport there also I was asked to contact public health authority.We contacted public health authority.They did my skin test and an XRay.They found latent TB but I am informed that it is not at all harmful.No medication required.I may suffer from TB at an older age.But regarding my immigration status I don’t have any problem.After almost a month I received an email that I have cleared my medical surveillance.So do not worry.
Hello , I too have to report here in Quebec for my medical surveillance on ist week of February.
How much they charged you for this process? I don’t have any local health insurance coverage and they going to charge for this process from me as they told me.
Pls reply and suggest .

Rahul2916

Jun 10, 2016
You dont need to contact or do anything. I am under surveillance too. I got a mail few weeks after receiving the email abt the surveillance. I got my PR now and the officer just reminded me to attend the surveillance and thats about it! Dont think too much. Wait for the mail to come in with your schedule mine is on Nov this year.
Are u an inland applicant ??

jashan3510

Jul 12, 2021
Hello , I have received my copr and I am planning to do soft landing in March. I will be in Canada only for 4 days. I have received the IMM0535 medical surveillance form . How should I setup an appt to get the taken care of during my visit. Is there a phone number. Please guide.
Hello,

I am in a similar situation. Could you please share your experience?

Thanks!

jashan3510

Jul 12, 2021
hello dear, can you enlighten us about exact procedure / protocol the health officials follow for T.B medical surveillance. I am worried as i have plans to come back to home country after 10 days stay in Canada(soft landing), will move permanently after sometime due to commitments in my home country.
Hello,

I am in a similar situation. Can you please share your experience?
Thanks!

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi,

I have the same situation. I received the same email and not sure what to do next. Mine was an inland PR. Can you tell me if you received another communication or what was your further course of action?

Thank you.
Hi!
i am also in same situation, Can you help me?

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Hi,

I have the same situation. I received the same email and not sure what to do next. Mine was an inland PR. Can you tell me if you received another communication or what was your further course of action?

Thank you.
Hey! I am on the same boat. Can you help me in this situation?

PKNew

Jul 26, 2021
Hey guys, for my medical surveillance(I forward my old message), I got an updated email recently. I am a little confused and surprise, cause I did nothing about it. Just got this email said I complete surveillance. Does this mean they remove my surveillance and not affect my PR application? Or I still need to worry about medical immigration officer's final decision? Thanks in advance ;)

Below is the email content:

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) records, you are in compliance with the medical surveillance requirements associated with your application. This means that you have completed the actions that were asked of you in relation to your medical condition.
No further action is required of you in regards to your medical surveillance at this time. Please note that the Public Health Authority in your province or territory may continue to follow-up with you about your health condition for their own records.
We have updated your IRCC file to indicate your compliance and included a copy of this message.
Hi
I too received the above message post completing survillance( asked to redo chest xray), my eCOPR is on hold due to this stating S code is not 1as per GCMS report. Does this mesn after this mail of completion( in compliace) message they will confirm PR and finalize my PR case

Arjun Singh Rawat

Star Member
Feb 1, 2018
Is it your PR processing got affected due to survillace? You received your PR ?
To be honest IDK. I received the portal email and I submitted my photo mail address and declaration that i am living in canada on 25th of july. On 22nd of August I received medical surveillance undertaking form. Then I called Ircc agent, 1 agent told me dont worry coz i already clear my exam and other told me go to public health talk to them and submit that form to Ircc through web form. I did everything but yesterday i called them and they told me that Ircc don’t deal with medical surveillance. So I am so confused now. I really appreciate if you help me. Thanks

Max Kapoor

Sep 28, 2021
I went through this process.My every report was normal but IRCC told me that I have a latent TB.When I landed in Toronto Airport there also I was asked to contact public health authority.We contacted public health authority.They did my skin test and an XRay.They found latent TB but I am informed that it is not at all harmful.No medication required.I may suffer from TB at an older age.But regarding my immigration status I don’t have any problem.After almost a month I received an email that I have cleared my medical surveillance.So do not worry.
how long did the process take to do the medical surveillance?