+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone PLEASE explain medical surveillance? so confused.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I have received the same email for my parents PR application. My parents are here in canada. Should we contact TB clinic and get it done or we have to PT/PHA to contact us?
What did u guys do?
You dont need to contact or do anything. I am under surveillance too. I got a mail few weeks after receiving the email abt the surveillance. I got my PR now and the officer just reminded me to attend the surveillance and thats about it! Dont think too much. Wait for the mail to come in with your schedule mine is on Nov this year.

puri6690

Aug 20, 2019
You dont need to contact or do anything. I am under surveillance too. I got a mail few weeks after receiving the email abt the surveillance. I got my PR now and the officer just reminded me to attend the surveillance and thats about it! Dont think too much. Wait for the mail to come in with your schedule mine is on Nov this year.
I'm in the same situation. I got an email for the surveillance but i'm still waiting for my PR approval. I'm an Inland applicant. Don't know if i should contact someone in advance or not.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I'm in the same situation. I got an email for the surveillance but i'm still waiting for my PR approval. I'm an Inland applicant. Don't know if i should contact someone in advance or not.
I am inland myself if you Passed your medical, theres nothing to worry abt like i said. I am in the same situation. Inland, and got my COPR and hve been approved.

nidhi21

Sep 8, 2019
hello dear, can you enlighten us about exact procedure / protocol the health officials follow for T.B medical surveillance. I am worried as i have plans to come back to home country after 10 days stay in Canada(soft landing), will move permanently after sometime due to commitments in my home country.

nidhi21

Sep 8, 2019
I went through this process.My every report was normal but IRCC told me that I have a latent TB.When I landed in Toronto Airport there also I was asked to contact public health authority.We contacted public health authority.They did my skin test and an XRay.They found latent TB but I am informed that it is not at all harmful.No medication required.I may suffer from TB at an older age.But regarding my immigration status I don’t have any problem.After almost a month I received an email that I have cleared my medical surveillance.So do not worry.
can you please tell us what exact process the health authority followed in Toronto. how may days it took to get appointment from doctor and to get test done. do they call regularly for follow up or not. how much were expenses.
I am worried as I am planning for soft Landing and will stay for about 2 weeks hence really dont know how to manage this surveillance issue

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
hello dear, can you enlighten us about exact procedure / protocol the health officials follow for T.B medical surveillance. I am worried as i have plans to come back to home country after 10 days stay in Canada(soft landing), will move permanently after sometime due to commitments in my home country.
Hi, I do not know yet how the procedure is since my schedule to BCDC is in November, 2 more months to go to date. As per the email letter you need to comply, or go to the appointment set by the medical facility otherwise, you will remain under surveillance. When you go out of Canada and return, your profile will indicate that you are under surveillance in that case the immig officer may deny entry to Canada due to incompliance. unless you have a document to present I am not sure about this but I have read it somewhere else here. I do not research further since I have no plans of leaving Canada for now.

nidhi21

Sep 8, 2019
Hi, I do not know yet how the procedure is since my schedule to BCDC is in November, 2 more months to go to date. As per the email letter you need to comply, or go to the appointment set by the medical facility otherwise, you will remain under surveillance. When you go out of Canada and return, your profile will indicate that you are under surveillance in that case the immig officer may deny entry to Canada due to incompliance. unless you have a document to present I am not sure about this but I have read it somewhere else here. I do not research further since I have no plans of leaving Canada for now.
you didnt receive letter for medical surveillance asking to report to the health authority in 30 days of landing in Canada

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,
I inquired IRCC about my surveillance status and they replied "According to our records, you completed medical surveillance in Toronto with a compliance date of 2019/08/12. Therefore, you are in compliance with the medical surveillance condition, and no further action is required of you in regard to medical surveillance at this time."

This idiot nurse at Toronto public health called me today and said you are under treatment for LTBI and IRCC have been informed about it. I am not under any treatment that I know of. I am an inland applicant on work permit. What do you think my case is? My PR will be approved right now or after the so called treatment is over?

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hi,
I inquired IRCC about my surveillance status and they replied "According to our records, you completed medical surveillance in Toronto with a compliance date of 2019/08/12. Therefore, you are in compliance with the medical surveillance condition, and no further action is required of you in regard to medical surveillance at this time."

This idiot nurse at Toronto public health called me today and said you are under treatment for LTBI and IRCC have been informed about it. I am not under any treatment that I know of. I am an inland applicant on work permit. What do you think my case is? My PR will be approved right now or after the so called treatment is over?
Hi, for PR application you have had medical. If you passed, that means to say you're app is good even with medical surveillance. From your msg you have already complied and everythings well, that means you have nothing to worry about. Your PR must be on the way!.

I havent done my medical surveillance yet but I have been approved of PR and I got the card too. Technically, the surveillance has nothing to do either before or after as long as you passed your medical exam.

erhimanshuee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, for PR application you have had medical. If you passed, that means to say you're app is good even with medical surveillance. From your msg you have already complied and everythings well, that means you have nothing to worry about. Your PR must be on the way!.

I havent done my medical surveillance yet but I have been approved of PR and I got the card too. Technically, the surveillance has nothing to do either before or after as long as you passed your medical exam.
Thanks for your reply. I remember you were worried of whether you will have to wait for surveillance to complete to get your PR. Well its good news that you got yours and many congratulations!!

Could you guide me what steps did you take after you got email from IRCC about medical surveillance?
And if you spoke to any nurse at Toronto public health who was it?
My nurse is such an idiot,arrogant and never reachable person. The name is some Aji.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Thanks for your reply. I remember you were worried of whether you will have to wait for surveillance to complete to get your PR. Well its good news that you got yours and many congratulations!!

Could you guide me what steps did you take after you got email from IRCC about medical surveillance?
And if you spoke to any nurse at Toronto public health who was it?
My nurse is such an idiot,arrogant and never reachable person. The name is some Aji.

Thank you! I did not do anything. I just got a mail with time and date of my appointment. Thats it.

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
If I may ask, how long after you passed medical + received the email of medical surveillance notice did you have to wait before a decision was made?
It's been 2.5 weeks now since I passed medical and received the Email, I'm in Canada but have been waiting for a decision since then.
My application is for a work permit NOT PR.
I'm stressed.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
If I may ask, how long after you passed medical + received the email of medical surveillance notice did you have to wait before a decision was made?
It's been 2.5 weeks now since I passed medical and received the Email, I'm in Canada but have been waiting for a decision since then.
My application is for a work permit NOT PR.
I'm stressed.
It was Thursday when I passed the Medical exam and the next Monday I got a Decision Made for my PR. Basically it took 2 working days after passing medical.

Dont stress out yourself too much. I totally understand the feeling we all had been there.

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
It was Thursday when I passed the Medical exam and the next Monday I got a Decision Made for my PR. Basically it took 2 working days after passing medical.

Dont stress out yourself too much. I totally understand the feeling we all had been there.
Thanks for your reply. I can't do anything other than wait.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Hi folks,
I would just like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for sharing your experiences related to this topic.
I'm in the exact same situation, applied for PR inland (june 2018 AOR) while holding a work permit. I received confirmation of passing medicals Nov 2019 and just received today the letter for medical surveillance.
I'm much relieved by your shares, pretty much what I thought but it's good to receive info from people who went through this.
Hoping to receive my COPR soon, hope the same for you guys !
Cheers

Reactions: Masingh$1978