+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Representative Pick Up (initial) PR Card

valorbeat

Jul 1, 2017
Hi All,

Many new immigrants complete their landing, record a local address for their permanent resident (PR) card delivery, and leave the country to take care of business or to wind things up at their origin. If in such a situation, you are selected to pick up your initial PR card in person:

1. Can you assign a representative to pick up your first card?
2. Can you request CIC to mail the card to your Canadian address on file, if you are outside Canada?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: shirazam

shirazam

May 6, 2017
Hope someone with some experience responds as I'm in almost the same situation. I also heard that random pick-up is only for ppl renewing their PR card and it doesnt apply to "initial" card. Not sure how accurate this info is...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hope someone with some experience responds as I'm in almost the same situation. I also heard that random pick-up is only for ppl renewing their PR card and it doesnt apply to "initial" card. Not sure how accurate this info is...
This is correct. Nor is urgent processing available for the first card.

shirazam

May 6, 2017
This is correct. Nor is urgent processing available for the first card.
Thanks. Any idea how much does it take to have the card available with the applicant once CIC confirms that it has been dispatched, given all the Canada Post strike issues? if CIC says that the card was sent on 19-Nov, can we expect it to reach us (in Mississauga) by month-end? Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks. Any idea how much does it take to have the card available with the applicant once CIC confirms that it has been dispatched, given all the Canada Post strike issues? if CIC says that the card was sent on 19-Nov, can we expect it to reach us (in Mississauga) by month-end? Thanks.
With the strikes, it's anyone's guess. Normally the actual delivery is reasonably quick.