+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can parents of PR with visitor visa enter Canada now?

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a PR holder living in Canada and expecting a baby in October. I would like to bring my mom who is on a visitor visa to help me with delivery. We have a house and the basement has a separate bedroom and exclusive bathroom for the bedroom where she can qurantine. I have the following question:

1.) Has any PR/Citizens had one of their parents travel to Canada on visitor visa recently? Were they allowed to enter Canada? If so what was the experience?
2.) Did you fill out a form or app for quarantine once in Canada to show the CBSA? How was the CBSA experience?

Thanks.

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Immediate family are exempt from the travel restrictions if they are coming for at least 15 days and will quarantine for the first 14.

Reactions: Ninisha

mu2

Oct 9, 2018
@Ninisha

Did you bring your parents to Canada? I am also sailing on the same boat.

What about quarantine plan? Can they stay with us? If they could, then do we need to do quarantine along with them?

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
@Ninisha

What about quarantine plan? Can they stay with us? If they could, then do we need to do quarantine along with them?
No we did not bring them yet. We are also hoping to find if someone brought their parents.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
@Ninisha

The guidelines do not say anything specific about hosts being in quarantine but does indicate all contact should be minimal for obvious reasons given hosts would still be in the community so from a responsible viewpoint should plan on a separate area and if possible separate bathroom access.

Initially is all about convincing CBSA they have a plan to isolate in accommodation that as far as possible really means they will be isolated from others along with provision for all the necessities so for 14 days accepting no family gatherings or close contact. Obviously there no way to police this so really comes down to being responsible for your family health

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep in mind there is always the threat that the authorities may do a random onsite check although how practical this would be resource wise seems unlikely. Although they should expect a phone call at some point to check up on health.

mu2

Oct 9, 2018
@Bs65

Yes, they could do that. I am not planning to hide anything. I am currently living in 2 BHK condo with 2 washrooms and 1 kitchen. I would provide separate washroom and Bed room for my mother. I will include every thing in my mother's quarantine plan. I am also ready to do quarantine along with my mother.
My only concern, whether they would accept my mother's plan to quarantine in my condo?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Bs65

Yes, they could do that. I am not planning to hide anything. I am currently living in 2 BHK condo with 2 washrooms and 1 kitchen. I would provide separate washroom and Bed room for my mother. I will include every thing in my mother's quarantine plan. I am also ready to do quarantine along with my mother.
My only concern, whether they would accept my mother's plan to quarantine in my condo?
Yes they will accept the plan if her bathroom is en suite. She would need to remain in her bedroom for 14 days. You would need to leave her food for her and she could only open the door when you are far away. You would also need to wear a mask anytime you went close to her door and when you picked up and washed any dishes. You would need to be careful if you did her laundry. It should sit for a few days before you touch it and then you should wear a mask and gloves. If you don’t think she can remain in a room for 14 days then you should remain at home and quarantine together.

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have an update. My mom has entered Canada. She came on September 5, through Toronto airport and had no issues.

mittu2021

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi All,

I have an update. My mom has entered Canada. She came on September 5, through Toronto airport and had no issues.
hi
from which country did ur mom fly to toronto?
did she show any documents at origin airport/ boarding??