+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can OINP international student with a job offer get 600 points In express entry?

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hello, I just have a question regarding on the "international student with a job offer" stream. Does this stream go to the EE route or the traditional federal application route? Can applicant get 600 points if they are approved in this stream?

I know OINP closed now. But I am trying to see if this stream can actually go to the EE route.

Thanks a lot.

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
logoaka said:
Hello, I just have a question regarding on the "international student with a job offer" stream. Does this stream go to the EE route or the traditional federal application route? Can applicant get 600 points if they are approved in this stream?

I know OINP closed now. But I am trying to see if this stream can actually go to the EE route.

Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know about this? I searched online for a long time and counld't get a definitive answer

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
If you get the Ontario provincial nomination, you will get 600 additional points, it does not matter what specific stream you used to that to get the nomination

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
No, the paper based stream of Ontario, which the International studet with a job offer falls under, cannot be used to claim the points and complete the federal process through EE.

You will have to apply to the federal government paper based.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/

If you are nominated under a non-Express Entry stream:

you will have to apply through the paper-based process, and
if the province or territory finds you eligible and nominates you, you will send an application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
logoaka said:

Thanks a lot.
It's not in EE in 2016.

But you never know if they will convert it into an EE nomination stream when it reopens for 2017, if not some time in the future. It makes sense to make paper based applications slowly obsolete, even OINP is planning to switch to online applications.

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
bellaluna said:
It's not in EE in 2016.

But you never know if they will convert it into an EE nomination stream when it reopens for 2017, if not some time in the future. It makes sense to make paper based applications slowly obsolete, even OINP is planning to switch to online applications.
Hello sir, thank you for your reply. I wonder how long is the process time in the federal stage after I got the provincial nomination?

I know the express entry is about 6 months. So the paper based federal stage will be a lot longer than that?

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
bellaluna said:
It's not in EE in 2016.

Hello sir, thank you for your reply. Can I ask how long is the process time in the federal stage after I got the provincial nomination? I checked the website you posted and there is no pr processing time there.

I know the express entry is about 6 months. So the paper based federal stage will be a lot longer than that?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
logoaka said:
Hello sir, thank you for your reply. Can I ask how long is the process time in the federal stage after I got the provincial nomination? I checked the website you posted and there is no pr processing time there.

I guess you quoted the wrong person because I did not give any website, but the post above mine did. Also, I am not a Sir.

Anyway, you can check here for the times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
bellaluna said:
I guess you quoted the wrong person because I did not give any website, but the post above mine did. Also, I am not a Sir.

Anyway, you can check here for the times:
Hello Madam, thanks for your reply. I have checked that link before. In the "what are you apply for" drop-down box, what should I select (maybe permanent resident card) ? Because I think that option was for someone who ready got EAPR and just wait for the card to arrive?

Thanks a lot.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
logoaka said:
Hello Madam, thanks for your reply. I have checked that link before. In the "what are you apply for" drop-down box, what should I select (maybe permanent resident card) ? Because I think that option was for someone who ready got EAPR and just wait for the card to arrive?

Thanks a lot.
Express Entry has its own stream, job offer category doesn't give you 600 points. Its the conventional route, PNP and then Paper based Federal Application.

And current timeline says 8-9 months to process Federal PR after PNP.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ How are you getting that? I try Economic Class > Provincial Nominees > No (Express Entry) > 15 months.

But 8-9 months is obviously better so it's better that I flubbed somewhere.