+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Nairobi Embassy issue a Canadian visa to a Nigerian

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020
Can a Nigerian citizen with Nigeria International Passport travel from Nigeria to Canada with a Canada visa that was issued by Nairobi Embassy?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Anyone with any passport can get a valid visa that is in their passport, no matter from which country, provided they meet the requirements to be issued a visa.

If a Nigerian has a visa in their passport right now issued in Kenya, that's not an issue at all. What is an issue is whether or not the person would have essential business or close family in Canada - without that, there's no coming to Canada.

Reactions: Nelson0614

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020
Anyone with any passport can get a valid visa that is in their passport, no matter from which country, provided they meet the requirements to be issued a visa.

If a Nigerian has a visa in their passport right now issued in Kenya, that's not an issue at all. What is an issue is whether or not the person would have essential business or close family in Canada - without that, there's no coming to Canada.
Sir, thanks so much for clarifying me on this God bless you .
But Sir I will be taking off from Nigeria to Canada, hope there will not be questioning in embassy or airport the day of my traveling why my visa was issued in Kenya since I am a Nigerian with Nigeria International Passport ?

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020
There shouldn't be any questions about that, but I can't control the airline.
Lastly Sir, my visa came out four months ago just of recent my agent demanded for the Hard Copy of my International Passport for stamping, is that obtainable because I thought that the hardcopy of my passport should have been stamped before now.

Finally sir, I was told that someone with two years (Multiple) Canadian visitor visa needs to travel within six month he or she was issued the visa or else such a person may not be able to travel with the said visa?.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If your visa was approved four months ago (March) it's entirely likely that it was approved and then the visa office closed due to COVID. Provided your agent is being honest, this is not unexpected.

As to the six month issue - no. You can travel to Canada at any time up until the visa expires. You do not have a need to activate it by travelling soon.

Reactions: Nelson0614

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you mean by having you visa come out 4 month ago but only demanding a hard copy now. Unfortunately we see a lot of scams. Could youbplease give us more details of your process. 4 months ago covid wasn't a huge issue in most of Africa so I am surprised you applied through the Kenya office while in Nigeria. What is your reason for travel? Have you travelled internationally before?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't believe the government waited until COVID was an issue in each country to shut down embassies, I believe that they did it altogether in March sometime. May be wrong.

Agreed that there may be some sort of scam going on, but wanted to hedge given that March is when DFAIT shut down.

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020
There shouldn't be any questions about that, but I can't control the airline.
Lastly Sir, my visa came out four months ago just of recent my agent demanded for the Hard Copy of my International Passport for stamping, is that obtainable because I thought that the hardcopy of my passport should have been stamped before now.

Finally sir, I was told that someone with two years (Multiple) Canadian visitor visa needs to travel within six month he or she was issued the visa or else such a person may not be able to travel with the said visa?.
What do you mean by having you visa come out 4 month ago but only demanding a hard copy now. Unfortunately we see a lot of scams. Could youbplease give us more details of your process. 4 months ago covid wasn't a huge issue in most of Africa so I am surprised you applied through the Kenya office while in Nigeria. What is your reason for travel? Have you travelled internationally before?
I will be traveling with visitor visa and I have never traveled internationally before.

Nelson0614

Jul 10, 2020

I will be traveling with visitor visa and I have never traveled internationally before.
Note my agent does not base in Nigeria, I only scanned my international passport and my passport photograph to him, so after like three weeks he applied for the visa he then directed me to Lagos where I did my visa biometric.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Note my agent does not base in Nigeria, I only scanned my international passport and my passport photograph to him, so after like three weeks he applied for the visa he then directed me to Lagos where I did my visa biometric.
I have my doubts over the validity of this visa.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately this doesn't sound correct. You don't get approved for a visa and then get a passoport request 4 months after you have received approval. Can you provide proof of any of the documents you have been sent by the Canadian government but take out any person information.

Reactions: bellaluna

nmatter

May 12, 2019

one confusion , he ask hard copy of your passport or actually a passport (because you wrote hard copy of passport mean copy)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I mean the agent demanded for my international passport
The agent shouldn’t be the one getting your passport. When you are approved you are asked to send your passport right away. I have huge concerns that this visa is not real. Do not give this agent anymore money.

Reactions: nmatter