+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my wife get spouse visa on my student visa at private college/university?

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by Deep1340, Nov 21, 2019.

  1. Hi All,

    I am Deep from India. I am planning to come to Canada to study at a private college/university for 2 years. My wife is currently working in India and she has her office in Canada as well at various locations. I just wanted to know that can my wife get a spouse working visa while I am studying in a private college/university (not public college/university)?

    Further, does her employer have to issue her LMIA approved offer letter? OR there is no need for an LMIA offer letter in the intra-company transfer? Pls, advise. Thank you.
  2. Why are you wanting to study in a private institution? You do realize in most cases you will not be eligible for a PGWP?
  3. Your wife is unlikely to get a SOWP if you attend most private institutions. Would also encourage you to go to a public college/university that qualifies for pgwp.

Share This Page