+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse cancel my PR

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018

1. I have a question. I became PR in September 2018. And landed. Me n my wife been have problems such as arguments where she would disrespect me etc. And call me names. When I arrived , she told me she not interested to see me. I was stranded. However few hours later she showed me up and took me in and was gone to work . Upon her return arguments conutuned where she asked me y have I come with little suitcase and if I have sold my store n house back home. Which I couldn't n it went on.
    She asked me to divorce her and got the landlord involved who told me to leave and decided if we wana be together or not . No pointing in arguing.
    I ended up in motel. And thanafter a week I received emails from her that she will report me from marriage fraud and that remarks that it's good I am outa her place that I could be very dangerous man.
    That even got me scared. And I approached a lawyer who advised me not to meet her in person or respond at all.
    Time went by..she kept sending emails that she loves me n and that she was under a spell of black magic and that's why she misbehaved. And beg me to come back. But I am confused and scared of in case she wrongly accused me of anything.
    I have my PR card.
    2 months ago I received a letter from IRCCasking me to provide proof if relationship was genuine . They mentioned that their recordshows and information received that I am not living with her.
    My lawyer has submitted all the proof ofrelationship , her emails, our pics and etc.
    It's been 7 weeks that I am still waiting an outcome.
    She still asks me to come back to her.and I just don't know what to do anymore. I have found a job and I been working since December. Ihaven't gone to welfare because I don't want her to be in any financial burden . Even lawyer charged me alot of money to respond to that letter. I guess I didn't know much.
    Is there anyone out there who might have any suggestions or opinions? Please respond.
    Anyone who is going through the same .....
    Thank you for reading.. .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1. I have a question. I became PR in September 2018. And landed. Me n my wife been have problems such as arguments where she would disrespect me etc. And call me names. When I arrived , she told me she not interested to see me. I was stranded. However few hours later she showed me up and took me in and was gone to work . Upon her return arguments conutuned where she asked me y have I come with little suitcase and if I have sold my store n house back home. Which I couldn't n it went on.
    She asked me to divorce her and got the landlord involved who told me to leave and decided if we wana be together or not . No pointing in arguing.
    I ended up in motel. And thanafter a week I received emails from her that she will report me from marriage fraud and that remarks that it's good I am outa her place that I could be very dangerous man.
    That even got me scared. And I approached a lawyer who advised me not to meet her in person or respond at all.
    Time went by..she kept sending emails that she loves me n and that she was under a spell of black magic and that's why she misbehaved. And beg me to come back. But I am confused and scared of in case she wrongly accused me of anything.
    I have my PR card.
    2 months ago I received a letter from IRCCasking me to provide proof if relationship was genuine . They mentioned that their recordshows and information received that I am not living with her.
    My lawyer has submitted all the proof ofrelationship , her emails, our pics and etc.
    It's been 7 weeks that I am still waiting an outcome.
    She still asks me to come back to her.and I just don't know what to do anymore. I have found a job and I been working since December. Ihaven't gone to welfare because I don't want her to be in any financial burden . Even lawyer charged me alot of money to respond to that letter. I guess I didn't know much.
    Is there anyone out there who might have any suggestions or opinions? Please respond.
    Anyone who is going through the same .....
    Thank you for reading.. .

Your spousal cannot cancel your sponsorship. Only IRCC can cancel your sponsorship. Based on the information you've provided, IRCC is investigating your relationship to determine if it is genuine. If IRCC decides this was a marriage of convenience based on their investigation, then they will likely move to revoke your PR status. It is good that you are working with a lawyer and it's good that you have submitted a lot of evidence to show your relationship is genuine. You should take this situation extremely seriously. I would expect it will take several months before you know the outcome of IRCC's investigation.

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Thank you for your reply. You said I should take this extremely seriously. What should I do? I am so confused. My wife sent me emails asking me to get back with her. But I am advised not to see her in person by my lawyer and even my friends and family.
Her behaviour I am not sure, what to do.
However we been in a relationship past 4 years. She used to have mood swings.
But than she told me someone did black magic on her and she sent me some weird woodo pics.
I just don't know if I should go back to her...my friends n family warn me if I go to her I will end up in jail ...i just don't know which way to turn to.
My lawyer has provided proof of relationship, our emails, photos, chats, calls, and even her emails in which she is apologetic for her behaviour n asking me for second chance....
I am just so confused , at times she says she misses me and than she threatens me, I think she doesn't know that I have been asked by IRCC to provide details.
Do you think I should go to immigration office somewhere here personally?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Going back to her or not has little to do with your immigration situation, so don't conflate the two.

IRCC wants to know if your marriage was genuine at the time you were sponsored. If they decide it was genuine at that time (based on the evidence you provided), the subsequent breakdown of your marriage will not matter.

Conversely, if they decide that your marriage was done for immigration purposes, they will not care that you are now living with her and trying to prove that you are genuinely married.

You should make a decision about your marriage based on what you want from the marriage. That's entirely based on your relationship and has nothing to do with immigration.

Don't make a decision thinking that it will influence IRCC one way or the other.

Reactions: shalenabennie

Kingcrz

Apr 11, 2019
Am in a similar situation however I still live with my wife and she has become verbally abusive, calling me all type of names. However am still in the process of getting my PR its the final stage just waiting for a decision. I was wondering if I leave would my sponsorship be denied ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Am in a similar situation however I still live with my wife and she has become verbally abusive, calling me all type of names. However am still in the process of getting my PR its the final stage just waiting for a decision. I was wondering if I leave would my sponsorship be denied ?
If your wife is the sponsor, she may be able to withdraw her sponsorship, yes. IRCC may allow her to withdraw depending on the stage of the application. If she is not allowed to withdraw, then you can get your PR and she will have to respect her sponsorship obligations.

Kingcrz

Apr 11, 2019
If your wife is the sponsor, she may be able to withdraw her sponsorship, yes. IRCC may allow her to withdraw depending on the stage of the application. If she is not allowed to withdraw, then you can get your PR and she will have to respect her sponsorship obligations.
Thank you very much. I tried my best to be the best husband but nothing is good for her. At this point am just thinking of going at my home country an just be in a happy place.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you very much. I tried my best to be the best husband but nothing is good for her. At this point am just thinking of going at my home country an just be in a happy place.
Sorry to hear that. The important thing is to be happy. I don't know your circumstances so all I can do is wish you good luck.

Reactions: Kingcrz

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi. I am terribly sorry to hear that. Trust me I know exactly know what you might be going though. Are you in Canada now ? Did she do inland sponsorship? According to my knowledge I think she can cancel it anytime until the decision is not made....

Kingcrz

Apr 11, 2019
Hi. I am terribly sorry to hear that. Trust me I know exactly know what you might be going though. Are you in Canada now ? Did she do inland sponsorship? According to my knowledge I think she can cancel it anytime until the decision is not made....
Yeah am in Canada. Its inland

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I think it would be if she stops the process and she can anytime she feels to do so...she would inform them that she doesn't want to go on with this relationship or make some stories about you.

Kingcrz

Apr 11, 2019
Yeah am in Canada. Yeah its inland
I think it would be if she stops the process and she can anytime she feels to do so...she would inform them that she doesn't want to go on with this relationship or make some stories about you.

I know. It will be over soon am just holding on

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Yeah am in Canada. Its inland
Stick it out brother. Until it's done. And you have PR card. But however even after all that she could still report you and you get this letter to prove relationship was genuine. As in my case. She is begging me to come back and and threatening me at the same time. I was advised by many people that she might falsely accuse you for anything and have you arrested.
Whatever you do, don't be abusive. Don't give her the chance to call cops etc. Once it's gets on your record, it will be difficult.

Kingcrz

Apr 11, 2019
Stick it out brother. Until it's done. And you have PR card. But however even after all that she could still report you and you get this letter to prove relationship was genuine. As in my case. She is begging me to come back and and threatening me at the same time. I was advised by many people that she might falsely accuse you for anything and have you arrested.
Whatever you do, don't be abusive. Don't give her the chance to call cops etc. Once it's gets on your record, it will be difficult.
it is genuine. An I know I dont answer her bck or argue. I record all the abuse an text she sends to me.