+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my previous employer in Canada cancelled my worker visa?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Just contact the Embassy and find out whether or not you need a new visa.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richdaniel said:
because the first suggestion said i need to apply a new visa, i am cumfusing right now.thanks
richdaniel. did CEM call you you to cancell your visa?or any interview?if your visa no still not cancel in systeem you are lucky, but when you enter canada port of entry they might be stop you,your visa is issue base on your employer .

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
richdaniel,
Scylla is correct you have to apply a new work visa with a new LMO.
For now, all you have to do is go to CEM and tell them about what happened, they will not readily cancell your visa but will verify first about the status of your first LMO to Service Canada and then they will stamp in your visa "cancelled without prejudice".

joroz

Jul 1, 2012
AB
Nomination.....
May-2013
AOR Received.
19-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
hi,

after reading thru requirements for applying TWP[temporary work permit](which i will be doing soon), here is my view to your situation.

A TWP is employer specific, therefore if your employer cancelled your contract, your work permit is considered cancelled.
That means if you are to work for a new employer you have to submit new TWP application.

And about TRV(temporary resident visa), it always comes together with a work permit if you are from a country which requires such visa to enter canada.
I am not sure about other Visa Office, but when you are issued with TWP you will be issued a TRV automatically if you are from a country which requires one to enter canada.

Hope this helps.

out

Jun 23, 2012
to shed the matters on the generic visa issued to you, get in touch with CEM ask about your situation and let them decide if you need to re apply or not. you were issued a generic visa c/o your previous employer. looks like you have a file how was the visa issued to you and what company or employer sponsored you...better safe than sorry!

joroz

Jul 1, 2012
AB
Nomination.....
May-2013
AOR Received.
19-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada
hi richdaniel,

Here is an extracted info from cic website..

See highlighted part below.

Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa?
If you want to work in Canada, you may require a temporary resident visa.

A temporary resident visa is an official document issued by an officer that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the general requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

When you arrive at the point of entry in Canada, an officer will make the final determination.

See Appendix A Temporary Resident Visa Exemptions for information on those who are exempt from obtaining a temporary resident visa to visit Canada.

If you submit a work permit application and you require a temporary resident visa, it is not necessary to make a separate application or pay a separate fee; an officer will issue it at the same time as the documentation necessary for your entry to Canada as a worker.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
richdaniel said:
hi joroz,

thank you, i have a chance to apply a temporary resident visa?
Yung TRV di ka na po mag-aapply since meron ka na nun woking permit po ang iaapply mo, need mo yung letter na tulad ng inissue sayo nung binigyan ka ng visa yun kasi papakita mo sa POE para makuha mo WP mo. Advise ko lang if pupunta ka sa CEM para iclear ang situation mo about visa sabihin mo yung totoo kasi baka magtaka ang VO kakaapply mo lang ng twp tapos ngayon mag-aapply ka ulit, hopefully it wont affect to your new applications.

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
Please help.

1. Can I submit my documents to canada embassy applying for worker visa without passport? All of my required documents are complete but I'm using my passport for me to travel outside the country because I am a seafarer.

2. Can I apply for a worker visa once I arrived sooner to my home country even if my LMO will expire immediately?

3. I have already issued a worker visa before but the embassy cancelled it without prejudice due to that my previous employer cancelled my LMO and contract. Right now, I already issued by my new employer a new LMO.

sesenujs

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Tagbilaran City Bohol
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2012
AOR Received.
July 12, 2012
Med's Request
July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
July 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 03,2012 (STAMPED)
richdaniel said:
hi ilan buwan po ba bago dumating ang visa?
Hi richdaniel,

Musta na ung application mo? We have the same situation. My employer back out due to that POLO thing.. but they said they will not cancel my visa, hahayaan nila ako makahanap ng new employer, ngayon nakahanap na ako, nag submit kba ulit ng application fir TRV? Sabi kasi ng mga kaibigan ko na nandun na sa canada, yung visa na inissue from CEM ay entry visa lang, if mag chchnage ng employer prior to arrival, dapat may new LMO at contract na dala from new employer, at yung letter galing CEM na authorized kana mag travel to canada, nalilito na kasi ako, kasi dito sa forum need mag reapply, sabi nman ng iba, ok lang basta may new LMO at contract, kasi tatawagan nman daw ng Border officer yung new employer kung may expected foreign worker sila na darating.. Hayyy naguguluhan na ako..

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
nagreaply ako uli, same thing pinagmedical ako uli doble gastus talaga, ang tagal dumating ng medical request ngayon halos 2 months bago dumating,ngayon ang new visa ko hinihintay ko pa uli...kailan kaya un darating? sabi ng nakausap ko meron 2 months, meron 3 months, sobrang nakakapanghinayang ung una kung visa kasi sandali lang dumating ung una kung visa..