+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my previous employer in Canada cancelled my worker visa?

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
I have working visa valid up to 24months, already issued LMO, work contract and other documents. I am ready to travel to Canada. I cancelled my contract because the employment agency here in the Philippines charged me a placement fee CAD 5,000 but when I read about Alberta Temporary Workers Guide, the payment of placement fee to an employment agency is illegal that is why I withdraw all my documents to said employment agency. I called my employer directly to Canada but the contract is already cancelled. I have a new employer willing to give a new LMO, contract etc. and they didn't charge any recruiting fees that is why I accept the offer. My job category is Cook.Here are my questions:

1. Can my previous employer in Canada cancelled my worker visa? (stamped already in my passport) since my contract is already cancelled by the previous employer.
2. Can I apply directly my Working Permit to Canada? when I received my new LMO and the contract to my new employer.
3. Can I travel to Canada since I already have valid travel documents including my new LMO, job offer letter and job contract.
4. How many days the processing of working permit?
5. When applying working permit, will I need to have a medical again? since my medical is not yet 6 months.
6. When I exit to the Philippines, will I need to change my Overseas Exit Clearance (OEC)? since I am direct hire to Canada
7. Willl the Immigration in Canada find my OEC? contract with stamped by POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration)?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. No, but they have cancelled the contract and by law are required to inform Service Canada(HRDSC) as well. HRDSC will cancel the LMO. At the point of entry, an officer will look this up and if your LMO is cancelled, they may not allow you into Canada. You have to decide if this is a risk you can take.

2. No. You have to apply in your home country or country of residence if you have been lawfully admitted for 1 year.

3. If you have a new LMO and job offer, you must apply for a new work visa before you come to Canada, just as you did with the previous employer.

4. With a new work visa and letter from the embassy(to give to the border officer) at your first point of entry into Canada, they will issue your work permit on the spot. .

5. Medicals are good for 1 year from the date it was done. You do not have to repeat it as long as they finish processing the new application before the medicals expire.

No idea about #6 and #7... may be someone else can be of help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you need a new work visa that is tied to your new LMO. You cannot work at your new company using the old work permit.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Yes - you need a new work visa that is tied to your new LMO. You cannot work at your new company using the old work permit.
Scylla you mean he need to send his passport in Visa office for cancel his 2 years temporary residence visa ?or he can apply another visa without cancel ?!!
and what if he gat another Lmo from same employer [ who cancelled 1st LMO] is he can entry without apply new application? coz i am on same situation

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
what is the reason why i need to apply a new visa? worker visa and work permit are the same? in talking about visa....thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ah - sorry - I thought you were referring to the work permit. To clarify - you need a new work permit to go along with your new LMO.

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
visa is a requirements before you enter in one country, since my visa and all travel documents are valid what is the reason not to enter in canada?

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
i have a new employer willing to give an new LMO, new contract, new job letter, NO placement fee... DO I NEED TO APPLY A NEW VISA? EXPIRATION DATE IS 2014,(MY VISA IS WORKER CATEGORY)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
When they issued your work visa, they must have given you a letter with instructions to present it to the border officer at the 1st point of entry into Canada who will then issue the work permit. Do you have this letter? What does it say?

richdaniel said:
visa is a requirements before you enter in one country, since my visa and all travel documents are valid what is the reason not to enter in canada?

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
yes i know i need to apply a new WORKPERMIT,workpermit and LMO is valid for one employer only, VISA worker is not only for one employer, for example you dont like your employer, you want to resign ofcourse you need to a apply a new employer,your new employer willing to give a new LMO,new CONTRACT so in the last they will issue to you,your NEW WORKPERMIT, now in this situation do i need to apply again a visa since my visa is valid until 2014? thanks

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
if you already in canada you can change employer, but sad to say your still outside and the visa that you have right now looks generic but when they check in their file, they will know the details. Many ppl get airport to airport due to employer not acknowledged their job offers.

richdaniel

Jun 13, 2012
the letter says>> your application to work in canada has been approved. you may now travel to canada you must have a valid passport or travel documents.>>please show this letter to the canadian border services officer upon arrival in canada.thanks

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
exactly its generic. But they will call the employer based on their file. And that employer cancel job offeer, there is one post here not too long ago came to canada airport with new LMO but issued a visa from previous LMO. Shes filipina came from taiwan, she was hold in the airport for days. But its up to you to get that risk. We never heard from her if she get thru.