+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my IELTS results be pondered differently depending on my NOC code?

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I know that in terms of receiving an ITA while you are in the pool there’s no difference at all, but could it happen that once the officer sees my application he/she considers that my NOC needs a higher level than most of the NOCs?

My NOC is 5121 (writers and authors), since I have 5 years of experience as an Advertising Copywriter, and my IELTS results are L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7 S: 7 which makes me a CLB9 and helps me getting a total of 472 CRS points. So, theoretically, I wouldn’t have much trouble receiving an ITA. But could it be that the officer considers that my IELTS results need to be higher due to my NOC and rejects the application because of that?

ft395

Jun 30, 2015
I've never heard of such requirements. IELTS General test only assesses your English skills for daily life. It has nothing to do with your professional skills.

Nothing_but_the_truth

Aug 13, 2018
I know that in terms of receiving an ITA while you are in the pool there’s no difference at all, but could it happen that once the officer sees my application he/she considers that my NOC needs a higher level than most of the NOCs?

My NOC is 5121 (writers and authors), since I have 5 years of experience as an Advertising Copywriter, and my IELTS results are L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 7 S: 7 which makes me a CLB9 and helps me getting a total of 472 CRS points. So, theoretically, I wouldn’t have much trouble receiving an ITA. But could it be that the officer considers that my IELTS results need to be higher due to my NOC and rejects the application because of that?
I don't think the visa officers evaluating your application care about details to that minute extent.
For all they care you could be an author that works at McDonald's upon receiving your PR.
IELTS is only for the language and skills transferability part of your application.