+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my elder brother sponsor me ? Need Advice !!

rabbit999

Jun 11, 2017
Hello Friends ,

My elder brother (Real Brother) lives in Canada with her spouse and kids . He is permanent resident of Canada and her wife and kids too. He is living in Canada from past 2 years . Can he sponsor me ? I am 28 years old , doing job and living with my parents in India .

I got this two options below on cic website . I do not fall in option 1 and thinking about option 2 , but i have some confusion about option 2 and not able to understand it correctly. Can my brother sponsor me by option 2 ?
I will truly appreciate your feedbacks
Sunny

Who you can sponsor

Option 1 – Orphaned close relatives

You can sponsor close relatives, related by blood or adoption, such as brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren only if they meet all of the following conditions:

They are orphaned,
They are under 18, and
They do not have a spouse, common law partner, or conjugal partner.

Option 2 – Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
son or daughter,
parent,
grandparent,
brother or sister,
uncle, aunt,
nephew or niece.
you do not have any of the above-named relatives who is a:
Canadian citizen,
permanent resident, or
registered Indian under the Indian Act.Who you can sponsor

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
No he cannot sponsor you because he has a spouse.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Option 2 – Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age if you meet all of the following conditions:

you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
son or daughter,
parent,
First requirement. "You may sponsor...if...you DO NOT have a spouse....son or daughter...parent". Your brother has all of those.

Reactions: YVR123