+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can MPNP reject application if you have graduated from Ontario.

TheEagle

May 10, 2012
Me and my friend both graduated from Ontario but we are planning to move to Manitoba because that is only place in Canada where the immigration sound a little easy lol... I am wondering that because of the fact that I do not have any friends in Manitoba will that be a problem??.....I never been to Manitoba before and I called their office today and they said that I must demonstrate that I will stay in Manitoba for the rest of my life(which I am willing too) but how can I prove it...PS I am applying under employer direct stream isnt the 6 month of work experience enough to prove that I wanna stay in manitoba and have strong connections with it??...

Another question on behalf of my other friend who got rejected for Nova Scotia PNP and he also graduated from Ontario and now hes planning to move to Manitoba, will the immigration assume that he is not willing to settle in the province..

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
TheEagle said:
Me and my friend both graduated from Ontario but we are planning to move to Manitoba because that is only place in Canada where the immigration sound a little easy lol... I am wondering that because of the fact that I do not have any friends in Manitoba will that be a problem??.....I never been to Manitoba before and I called their office today and they said that I must demonstrate that I will stay in Manitoba for the rest of my life(which I am willing too) but how can I prove it...PS I am applying under employer direct stream isnt the 6 month of work experience enough to prove that I wanna stay in manitoba and have strong connections with it??...

Another question on behalf of my other friend who got rejected for Nova Scotia PNP and he also graduated from Ontario and now hes planning to move to Manitoba, will the immigration assume that he is not willing to settle in the province..
I honestly don't think so. study the different streams and you will notice that the criteria especially for priority stream is that having canadian qualification from a recognised canadian school. Anyway let others share their opinions on this. All the best

TheEagle

May 10, 2012
believing said:
I honestly don't think so. study the different streams and you will notice that the criteria especially for priority stream is that having canadian qualification from a recognised canadian school. Anyway let others share their opinions on this. All the best

I hope someone reply..Please I really need this info..

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Eagle,

Could you share the job prospects in Manitoba?
I thought that the Employer Direct Stream require the employer to advertise and prove that they could not get local talent - I may be wrong so please correct me .

In btwn, could you also give details on why your friends Nova Scotia PNP was rejected?
I reckon he should be okay to move to another province and show that it is his intention now to reside in Manitoba

Thanks very much!

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I graduated from an Ontario university, worked in Ontario for a year, came to Manitoba for a year then applied for MPNP under the Employer Direct Stream.

I made it very clear in my application that I had stronger ties to MB than to ON, and listed all my MB friends etc. They called me twice after I submitted my application to interview me about my links to ON. I was very honest and just explained how I didn't enjoy my time in ON and have much better friends and job prospects in MB. They asked me if I planned to move back to ON, and I explained how my MB job was preparing me well to assimilate into the province, and how in my short time in MB I had made numerous friends and contacts. They called me the second time to pretty much ask the same questions to make sure I answered the same both times.

A few weeks later the Letter of Approval popped through my mail box. Just be honest and confident, and you will be OK :)

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
sb477sb477 said:
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I graduated from an Ontario university, worked in Ontario for a year, came to Manitoba for a year then applied for MPNP under the Employer Direct Stream.

I made it very clear in my application that I had stronger ties to MB than to ON, and listed all my MB friends etc. They called me twice after I submitted my application to interview me about my links to ON. I was very honest and just explained how I didn't enjoy my time in ON and have much better friends and job prospects in MB. They asked me if I planned to move back to ON, and I explained how my MB job was preparing me well to assimilate into the province, and how in my short time in MB I had made numerous friends and contacts. They called me the second time to pretty much ask the same questions to make sure I answered the same both times.

A few weeks later the Letter of Approval popped through my mail box. Just be honest and confident, and you will be OK :)
Thanks for sharing the information.
As you did your studies in Ontario, were you not eligible to file the application under the 'International Graduate Stream' ? Is it true that the employer should advertise etc if you apply via the Employer direct stream?

TheEagle

May 10, 2012
sb477sb477 said:

I would like to apply for NSNP but I think that the fact that you worked in Ontario for an year kinda went against you..Hopefully everything would be good.

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
sanity said:
Thanks for sharing the information.
As you did your studies in Ontario, were you not eligible to file the application under the 'International Graduate Stream' ? Is it true that the employer should advertise etc if you apply via the Employer direct stream?
Nope, as long as you work for them for six months on a valid temporary work visa, it's fine

jagota_j

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
Nomination.....
31-12-2012
IELTS Request
N/A (IELTS wasn't needed)
Med's Request
13-05-13
Med's Done....
3-06-13
Hi sb477sb477,

Could you please pass me your number at jagotaam@sheridanc.on.ca. I would like to speak with you. I have a work permit till March 22, 2013 and am currently in Ontario. I graduated from a post graduate certificate program at Sheridan College, did internship and coop here and also have brother and relatives residing in Ontario. Regarding having strong ties to Manitoba as opposed to other provinces, I am confused how would I be able to do that If I apply through MPNP Employer Direct Stream, I am looking at moving over to Manitoba ASAP.

Thanks

Regards,
Amith

samleb

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-april-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
i recently got rejected in canadian experience class application i worked in ontario for 3 years. right now iam moving to manitoba to work 6 months there and apply for the employer direct stream. do you guys think i will have a problem with having strong connection to onatrio since i worked here 3 there and got my canadian experience application rejected !!!

please share ur ideas ?

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
samleb said:
i recently got rejected in canadian experience class application i worked in ontario for 3 years. right now iam moving to manitoba to work 6 months there and apply for the employer direct stream. do you guys think i will have a problem with having strong connection to onatrio since i worked here 3 there and got my canadian experience application rejected !!!

please share ur ideas ?
all you can do is try.