+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can inland Work Permit holder eligible for the first time duty-free shipment?

LawrWon

Mar 26, 2019
I entered Canada as a visitor last year and just successfully obtains a work permit month ago. During the entry of Canada, since I was a visitor, I didn't declare goods to follow. In my current Work Permit status, am I still eligible to have the first duty-free shipment from my home country to Canada?

Thanks so much.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I entered Canada as a visitor last year and just successfully obtains a work permit month ago. During the entry of Canada, since I was a visitor, I didn't declare goods to follow. In my current Work Permit status, am I still eligible to have the first duty-free shipment from my home country to Canada?

Thanks so much.
Not sure if foreign worker can temporay import used personal items into Canada.
You may post that at the foreign worker section and find out. I know that some foreign worker can temporary import their cars and then export them out when they finished their work term.

Most of those that talk about goods to follow are people landing as PR (so goods are permanently imported into Canada)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Not sure if foreign worker can temporay import used personal items into Canada.
You may post that at the foreign worker section and find out. I know that some foreign worker can temporary import their cars and then export them out when they finished their work term.

Most of those that talk about goods to follow are people landing as PR (so goods are permanently imported into Canada)
1. Yes, Temporary workers students can import their personal property, but it can't be sold in Canada and must be removed from Canada at the end of their temporary status.

Reactions: YVR123