+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit my wife while we wait for visa

sjp52

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Plan is to send in the sponsorship application and her send in the visa application and when I am accepted as a sponsor, I will fly to the Philippines and stay with my wife for 6 or 7 months until her application is finished and she is approved. Is that ok ?

One other thing. When we were married in the philippines, Both my parents and her parents were not at the civil wedding. Hers are old and not healthy enough to go any where and my father is deceased and mother could not travel across the world because of her health. An aunt was the witness. Will this be a negative thing with the application ?

lands

Jan 28, 2010
You can travel to visit your wife.

As long as you provide convinving proof to confirm that your relationship and marraige is genuine you will be fine

Yullover

Apr 10, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-06-2010
If you are a PR holder, you can't leave the country until she receive the PR, you can travel for 2-4 weeks but no more.

If you are a Citizen you can, but maybe you will need to proof to the embassy that you will go back Canada after.

sjp52

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So do I have to contact Canada immigration and prove to them that I am just going to stay with my wife until I can bring her home. How do I prove that.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sjp52 said:
My Plan is to send in the sponsorship application and her send in the visa application and when I am accepted as a sponsor, I will fly to the Philippines and stay with my wife for 6 or 7 months until her application is finished and she is approved. Is that ok ?
It is OK if you are a Canadian citizen. If you are a PR, you are supposed to stay in Canada during the sponsorship process.
One other thing. When we were married in the philippines, Both my parents and her parents were not at the civil wedding. Hers are old and not healthy enough to go any where and my father is deceased and mother could not travel across the world because of her health. An aunt was the witness. Will this be a negative thing with the application ?
The visa officer wants to see that your families know about and support your relationship, so having your parents at the wedding is a good thing. But if they can't be there, just include an explanation of why they weren't there, and get proof that your mother and her parents approve of the relationship - for example, a letter or affidavit from them. Proof that other relatives know of and approve of the relationship is also good.