+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I visit Canada while application is in process?

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
My Canadian husband and I, a U.S. citizen, live in the U.S. He is sponsoring my application. We want to attend a family wedding in August. and I wonder if I am allowed into Canada while my application is in process. Also, will they ask for my passport during the application process? I will need it in August.

tigermom250

Jun 13, 2011
Lynn-ji said:
My Canadian husband and I, a U.S. citizen, live in the U.S. He is sponsoring my application. We want to attend a family wedding in August. and I wonder if I am allowed into Canada while my application is in process. Also, will they ask for my passport during the application process? I will need it in August.
You are allowed to enter Canada, however if the border officer asks you should disclose that you have an application in process.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
Lynn-ji said:
you are a U.S. citizen, going to attend a family wedding. At Canadian border,they won't ask you many questions. Don't worry. They don't keep your passport during the application process,if they need it for record,they will ask you for the photo copy of your passport. Don't worry, relax. 8)