+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use MA for post-grad WP after 4 years in PhD?

Synchrony

Nov 5, 2017
Hi all,

I came to Canada for my Masters/PhD. I finished my Masters in 2012 and moved into the PhD program. Now I'm thinking about leaving the PhD program after a few years. This entire time, I've been on a Study Permit.

If I leave my PhD program now, can I use my Masters graduation in 2012 as the basis for my post-grad work permit?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I came to Canada for my Masters/PhD. I finished my Masters in 2012 and moved into the PhD program. Now I'm thinking about leaving the PhD program after a few years. This entire time, I've been on a Study Permit.

If I leave my PhD program now, can I use my Masters graduation in 2012 as the basis for my post-grad work permit?

Thanks in advance.
Hi

No. You needed to apply for the PGWP within 90 days of finishing the degree.

Synchrony

Nov 5, 2017
Hi

No. You needed to apply for the PGWP within 90 days of finishing the degree.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have a follow-up question.

I currently have a job that will take me on full time when I'm legally able. If I get a letter of sponsorship from them, can I just get a straight-up 'regular' work permit if I leave the program?

sjd161988

Jun 14, 2013
Hi
I forgot to include stamped pages of my passport in my application for post grad work permit.

I have included my student visa, study permit and the first and the last page of my passport.

Is there any way to correct the mistake?
I have applied on sep 13 2017
Application status is inder process

Any suggestions are appreciated