+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use five years in PhD (UGC-JRF) as five years of experience?

ckmmait

May 5, 2019
I appreciate your quick response, I just requested to join the group. Not really I am inclined towards the NOC 4012 as we filled the case for NOC 2121 which is for Science related work and more appropriate as per the duties performed. My more concerns are related to Document format and weather or no Fellowship considered as pay in process.

I found that there are places people wrote very satisfactory notes in this Blog and other blogs but no one really help to get define the right wording and format around, if I can get some assistance around that who already worked then it will be great help.

ankit19.er

May 28, 2019
I received PPR today..... I request everyone to plz encourage anyone with a PhD and wfellowship who wishes to file their application. It is possible. Thanks a lot for all the help

Hi nirlep22chhibber,

Congrats ! First of all congratulations and CIC counted your PhD experience as a full time work experience ? Everyone goes right in background verification...??

Michssearch

Feb 2, 2020
I received PPR today..... I request everyone to plz encourage anyone with a PhD and wfellowship who wishes to file their application. It is possible. Thanks a lot for all the help
Hi,
It is very encouraging to hear your positive testimony. I am also doing a PhD in India with UGC-JRF, planning to apply under NOC 4012. Could you please guide me with the format of the supporting documents. My mail ID is michssearch@gmail.com. Hope you can understand my helpless situation. Kindly respond. Thank you

Reactions: mandy15leo

mandy15leo

Mar 11, 2019
Hi,
It is very encouraging to hear your positive testimony. I am also doing a PhD in India with UGC-JRF, planning to apply under NOC 4012. Could you please guide me with the format of the supporting documents. My mail ID is michssearch@gmail.com. Hope you can understand my helpless situation. Kindly respond. Thank you
Hi
Have you submitted your application?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
For my PhD i received fellowship for 5 years from UGC-India. Is there anyone who can guide me if I could use my time in PhD as five years of experience in express entry profile.
Can you tell me how to send Indian PhD documents to WES from different city?

1. University is not progressive and someone should be there in person to get sealed envelopes and submit it. How to do this in current situation?

2. WES said I need to submit my annual marksheet of my degree. How can we get annual marksheet for PhD? Please suggest if someone has already achieved it

3. Is it okay to get the sealed envelope with university name as FROM and submit at courier service company? Because University is not putting effort to deal with couriers. Very slow.

Replies are much appreciated!

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi Nirlep -

Hope you are doing good and settled in Canada !

My name is Chetan and I am from India, My wife and I are in exactly same situation as you were. I received the ITA and preparing the documents. There is big confusion with Experience related documents. It will be immanence help if you can guide us on it. I only have 45 days to submit the documents so please help soon as you can.

As you know in India, we have title as Junior / senior research Fellow so my question is:
1. Did you use the Fellow word in your reference letter?

Also similarly my wife getting fellowship from CSIR for her project work, we got the Fellowship certificate but they denied providing the Salary certificate as subject so my question is:
1. Did you show any Pay Stub / Salary certificate / Emolument Letter? If yes then can you please share the Format please.
2. As was reading in CIC portal this is not mandatory but if that's really give weight to application I am wondering do they accept the Fellowship as Salary?

3. Did you show the statement of account in which you were receiving the Fellowship?

I am presently in US time zone for few days, I would really appreciate if you can share your contact details on my email id - ckmmait@gmail.com so that we can have quick discussion on my confusions.

I will owe you this one for whole life. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks and looking forward your positive response !
Hello ckmmait,

Did you manage to submit the application. I am in the same boat with the above questions.

Can you help to clarify how you manged for your questions.

Thanks in advance.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi
Have you submitted your application?
Dear All,

I have been looking around for this topic of using the PHD from India (on scholarship and involved in research) as a work expereince for EE FSW.

My wife is in the same boat now. She joined an university as a Research assitant and later after 4 months joined as full time PHD candidate and did her work for almost 5 years. She was getting paid by some grant initially for an year and then from JRF funding. She can try to get a reference letter from her guide but payslips are not available.

I saw you have asked similar questions at mulitple places. I kindly request you if you could shed some light if this is possible and do request to share the reference letter format which will help in getting some relief. Please help to share to my email "tuturam1988@gmail.com"

Thank you in advance.

sufonama

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi guys,

Did anyone successfully claimed points for education as well as work experience out of their PhD (employed PhD that is)?

Thanks

Nov 8, 2020
Hi. I am also an Indian Citizen pursuing my Ph.D degree. How did you manage to get a letter if you were not a RA and I remember 1560 hours of full time experience is required as per NOC 4012. In my case I am on my fourth year and have 1664 hrs (8hrs per week* 4years*52week). Am I eligible for EE
Hi Ajju,

I have the same question as you had. In my case I received MHRD institute fellowship , on offer letter it is clearly mentioned 8-10 hours per week. However we phd Students work in labs for more than 30 hours per week.

Did you get any clarity on how can we claim experience? Did you proceed with PR application?

Any info would be if gret help

savca

Jul 8, 2022
Hello everyone, I require help with the exact same questions. I am too a Ph.D. scholar and I have 3 years of research experience as a Project Fellow (UGC grants) + 6 years as a Ph.D. scholar. I have no idea how I can apply for PR. It would be nice if I can talk to anyone who has already taken this road.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I require help with the exact same questions. I am too a Ph.D. scholar and I have 3 years of research experience as a Project Fellow (UGC grants) + 6 years as a Ph.D. scholar. I have no idea how I can apply for PR. It would be nice if I can talk to anyone who has already taken this road.
First get the ECA done of this degree and see it they assess it as compared to Canadian doctorate.

Dec 6, 2022
Hello everyone, I am in the 3rd year of a full time PhD program(Humanities) in India. I received Non net fellowship (Rs 8000 per month) for 2 years. Will this count as 2 years of work experience for FSW EE even if I was not a teaching/research assistant?