+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use five years in PhD (UGC-JRF) as five years of experience?

CSTechNerd

Nov 19, 2018
I received PPR today..... I request everyone to plz encourage anyone with a PhD and wfellowship who wishes to file their application. It is possible. Thanks a lot for all the help
Also may I ask you, what types of references you've asked your school to show? Copy of paycheck? Letter from your university?

santhireddy90

Mar 13, 2019
1. Can we use phd JRF as both education and work experience?
2. What is the noc code ?
3. Does bank statement and letter from supervisor are sufficient?

Reactions: mandy15leo

Ajju

Apr 7, 2019
INDIA
NOC Code......
I received PPR today..... I request everyone to plz encourage anyone with a PhD and wfellowship who wishes to file their application. It is possible. Thanks a lot for all the help
Could you tell me when have you started your process. I mean before completing the Ph.D or after receiving the degree. It will be very much helpful for the students like me who are in the verge of completion.I have the doubt the if you finish you Ph.D the experience is not counted. Pls clarify

What certificate you provided to support your RA/TA etc and certified by whom (Guide or Director/Dean etc)?
Can you share the format of the same?

Last edited:

Ajju

Apr 7, 2019
INDIA
NOC Code......
I am an Indian citizen and completed my PhD in India itself. I wasn't RA As such
Hi. I am also an Indian Citizen pursuing my Ph.D degree. How did you manage to get a letter if you were not a RA and I remember 1560 hours of full time experience is required as per NOC 4012. In my case I am on my fourth year and have 1664 hrs (8hrs per week* 4years*52week). Am I eligible for EE

ckmmait

May 5, 2019
Hi Nirlep -

Hope you are doing good and settled in Canada !

My name is Chetan and I am from India, My wife and I are in exactly same situation as you were. I received the ITA and preparing the documents. There is big confusion with Experience related documents. It will be immanence help if you can guide us on it. I only have 45 days to submit the documents so please help soon as you can.

As you know in India, we have title as Junior / senior research Fellow so my question is:
1. Did you use the Fellow word in your reference letter?

Also similarly my wife getting fellowship from CSIR for her project work, we got the Fellowship certificate but they denied providing the Salary certificate as subject so my question is:
1. Did you show any Pay Stub / Salary certificate / Emolument Letter? If yes then can you please share the Format please.
2. As was reading in CIC portal this is not mandatory but if that's really give weight to application I am wondering do they accept the Fellowship as Salary?

3. Did you show the statement of account in which you were receiving the Fellowship?

I am presently in US time zone for few days, I would really appreciate if you can share your contact details on my email id - ckmmait@gmail.com so that we can have quick discussion on my confusions.

I will owe you this one for whole life. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks and looking forward your positive response !

Reactions: mandy15leo