+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use a Canadian mobile number abroad to receive calls from employers?

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi there,
I will be doing my soft landing in October 2019, and then moving to Canada permanently in summer 2020. I want to get a prepaid sim card in Canada, so I could put a Canadian number on my resume and increase the chances to get called by potential employers while being outside Canada. Has anyone here done this?
In particular, I need to know how this works in terms of paying the monthly plan fees to the Canadian mobile operator company, and what is the cost to maintain this mobile number active for 10-12 months?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
get a canadian skype number for 36$ a year and you can take unlimited calls from employers. once you get an interview fly over and get a sim with a new number.

Reactions: jayken

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
You can also use third party apps like fongo world which gets you a permanent number with just one time payment. You can do this process before coming to Canada too..

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
You can also use third party apps like fongo world which gets you a permanent number with just one time payment. You can do this process before coming to Canada too..
Thanks, so those calling from Canada will be able to call me on this "Fongo" number from their mobile or landline? Or they will need to do it through the Fongo app?

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014

Is what I need. I live in Canada but sometimes I go to Europe. How do I can received calls in Europe if somebody call me from Canada?

Already I have a Canadian number. Could I use my phone number with Fongo?

thanks

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Is what I need. I live in Canada but sometimes I go to Europe. How do I can received calls in Europe if somebody call me from Canada?

Already I have a Canadian number. Could I use my phone number with Fongo?

thanks
I don't use Fongo. During my US/China trips, I received calls and texts on my Canadian mobile number.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi there,
I will be doing my soft landing in October 2019, and then moving to Canada permanently in summer 2020. I want to get a prepaid sim card in Canada, so I could put a Canadian number on my resume and increase the chances to get called by potential employers while being outside Canada. Has anyone here done this?
In particular, I need to know how this works in terms of paying the monthly plan fees to the Canadian mobile operator company, and what is the cost to maintain this mobile number active for 10-12 months?
This website could help out: https://willmyphonework.net/