+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Canadian number

Arundddd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi. Has anyone in India purchased virtual canada number from AVOXI? Wanted to take quick review before I buy their service. If not, what service provider would you recommend to get a virtual Canada number

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
Hello,

I used Fongo world before coming to Canada. It still works like a charm. It has an option to select a province as well plus no monthly charge. I'm not sure about AVOXI.

Regards

Reactions: runofthemill

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
TextNow is free and good to use.. 2ndline, Text me are other free apps too. don't spend any $ for this virtual number. The only difference between paid and free versions in these apps are that paid versions don't have advertisements.. there won't be any difference in call quality and that

Bhavikjazzy

Jun 3, 2017
TextNow is free and good to use.. 2ndline, Text me are other free apps too. don't spend any $ for this virtual number. The only difference between paid and free versions in these apps are that paid versions don't have advertisements.. there won't be any difference in call quality and that

Good alternatives!
I wish I knew about them earlier.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
So those calling from Canada will be able to call me on this "Fongo" number from their mobile or landline? Or they will need to do it through the Fongo app?
Others can call using their landline or mobile. But off late Fongo is having free technical issues.

BettyKenCan

Nov 14, 2020
This is NOT a paid endorsement, I get no payment for posting this but because the above posts helped me, I wanted to help others too. That's all, true story.

I downloaded Fongo World Edition to my Android phone.
I paid the equivalent of 6 USD, using my local currency and local payment method (local bank debit card on Google pay).
I chose a Canadian number for my desired province and city.
I also prayed for help to the Blessed Mother about this as it threatened not to work at some stage.
After set-up, I called and texted myself from Skype, and another application, and it seems to be working fine.
So in under 10 minutes and less than 6 USD, I have a working Canadian number. Hopefully there are no further payments needed.
Thanks to the generous people who shared the idea.

P.S: there is also:
1. Spikko which is fast but costs about USD 3 more and needs PayPal or a credit card;
2. VoIP.ms seems much cheaper but required manual verification (photo of DL or passport) and they told me I can only pay by bank wire as other methods are not supported, and the total amount payable is unknown. It's not possible to send a wire for less than 50 usd and that's too expensive for a line

Last edited:
Reactions: astraldust

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi. Has anyone in India purchased virtual canada number from AVOXI? Wanted to take quick review before I buy their service. If not, what service provider would you recommend to get a virtual Canada number
Hey Arun,

Can you share your experience please? Which service do you use? How's the quality and what's the price?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I use voip.ms for my "home" phone and for some of my businesses and am happy with it. My company has even become their partner. Send me a message if you need a $10 coupon for you to try it, which is good for 2 months free with most Canadian numbers. You can redirect to any phone number worldwide or even activate the sms option to receive sms to your phone.

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I'm confused, while I'm in India and has a EE profile. Shall I purchase a Canadian virtual number to mention on my resume for getting more calls or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm confused, while I'm in India and has a EE profile. Shall I purchase a Canadian virtual number to mention on my resume for getting more calls or not?
Do you have an ITA or just a profile? You don’t have work authorization with just a profile. Companies are going to contact you with a profile. Even with an ITA you don’t have COPR.

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Do you have an ITA or just a profile? You don’t have work authorization with just a profile. Companies are going to contact you with a profile. Even with an ITA you don’t have COPR.
I only have an active ee profile.
But i keep on applying jobs for Rinp and aipp so thats y I'm wondering whether purchasing virtual Canadian number will help to get more calls or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I only have an active ee profile.
But i keep on applying jobs for Rinp and aipp so thats y I'm wondering whether purchasing virtual Canadian number will help to get more calls or not?
You can but without work authorization few employers will call.

Reactions: YVR123

decisrock

May 18, 2022
There are many Number Service providers that offer virtual Canada numbers, so it really depends on your specific needs as to which one would be the best for you. That said, some of our top picks include Fonvirtual, AVOXI, and Grasshopper. All of these providers offer great features and pricing, so you can't go wrong with any of them.