Can I use 2 Noc codes under FSWP - Express Entry

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me with the below scenario:
Scenario:
I am working in an organisation as a manager since 2 years 2 months. (from Dec 2015 to till date)
I worked in the same organisation from Jan 2011 to May 2013 at a senior executive level.

The job responsibilities for both the tenure fall under the same NOC. (0125)

Question:
Does the title (senior executive vs manager) makes any difference in order to claim 3+ years experience using same NOC codes?
No difference.

Mar 10, 2018
Hi Everyone - I have a related question. I have around 6 years of experience in different NOC.

From Jan 2010 to Mar 2014 in NOC 2171 ( Information analyst or consultant) 4 + years experience

Took break for Marriage and then Maternity - April 2014 to Dec 2015
Januar 2016 - Till today . Pre Primary teacher ( NOC 4214)

My question is while filling the EE profile under the Work experience section, is there a checkbox where we specify one job code as primary and the other job code as secondary.

In my case I would want to mark NOC 2171 as primary and NOC 4214 as secondary.

Please suggest.

Reactions: Audarya

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone - I have a related question. I have around 6 years of experience in different NOC.

From Jan 2010 to Mar 2014 in NOC 2171 ( Information analyst or consultant) 4 + years experience

Took break for Marriage and then Maternity - April 2014 to Dec 2015
Januar 2016 - Till today . Pre Primary teacher ( NOC 4214)

My question is while filling the EE profile under the Work experience section, is there a checkbox where we specify one job code as primary and the other job code as secondary.

In my case I would want to mark NOC 2171 as primary and NOC 4214 as secondary.

Please suggest.
Yes, you'll be able to choose your primary NOC.

Reactions: navjoutkaur1984

Parwinderjit

Mar 28, 2018
6 month of experience in one NOC, 2 years 5month another NOC and last 6 months in different NOC. I can select 3 years of experience or 2 Years and secondly while filing Express entry can I select 3 NOC?

Deepaliror0000

Jun 18, 2018
DEAR ALL, I HAVE 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A DENTIST AND THEN I STARTED WORKING IN A BANK AS A CREDIT OFFICER SINCE JANUARY 2017. MY QUERY IS BOTH JOBS ARE OF DIFFERENT NOCS.IN MY APPLICATION BEFORE ITA IN GCKEY, CAN I MENTION BOTH THE JOBS?? FOR PRIMARY NOC, I AM KEEPING MY CURRENT JOB.

Reactions: Pkpk

arsal90

Jun 23, 2018
I know this has been raised multiple times but i am still confused..

Under CRS point calculator, this is written for work experience..
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

It says only in ONE occupation. This has created a lot of confusion for me :(
I have 2 years and 4 months in NOC **12
and, 1 year and 4 months in NOC **13, both NOCs are skill type A.

I will use 2 years and 4 months NOC as primary NOC, but can i count the other one to make it 3 years experience overall or not??? or just limit myself to 2 years one??? Please help..

Reactions: Audarya

Elvis30

Aug 13, 2016
Same query as above - Under CRS point calculator, this is written for work experience..
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).
I worked as Research Officer in a Govt project on Women related issues on full time basis for 1 year which is classified under NOC 4164. Second work exp is as Assistant Manager (Retail Banking) 2 years & 1 month. NOC 0122 . Both will be counted or only NOC 0122?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same query as above - Under CRS point calculator, this is written for work experience..
I worked as Research Officer in a Govt project on Women related issues on full time basis for 1 year which is classified under NOC 4164. Second work exp is as Assistant Manager (Retail Banking) 2 years & 1 month. NOC 0122 . Both will be counted or only NOC 0122?
For CRS purposes both will be counted. For eligibility purposes under the six selection factors only your Primary NOC will be counted.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Your total experience is sum of all your experiences under all NOC provided all are skill type O,A or B.
Your primary NOC should have atleast one year continous experience.

Squidward

Aug 1, 2018
For CRS purposes both will be counted. For eligibility purposes under the six selection factors only your Primary NOC will be counted.
Is this accurate? I'm so confused by this. Why does the CRS calculator say that it must only be in one occupation. I desperately want to combine my work experience across different occupations (different NOCs but same skill type A) and I hope what you say is true. I have 2.5 years in one NOC and 7 months in another NOC. Does this mean I can choose 3+ years for my CRS score calculation? And if I'm invited to apply, they will only consider the primary NOC which has 2.5 years?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this accurate? I'm so confused by this. Why does the CRS calculator say that it must only be in one occupation. I desperately want to combine my work experience across different occupations (different NOCs but same skill type A) and I hope what you say is true. I have 2.5 years in one NOC and 7 months in another NOC. Does this mean I can choose 3+ years for my CRS score calculation? And if I'm invited to apply, they will only consider the primary NOC which has 2.5 years?
No need to quote me, I already answered your question in the other thread.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You have to understand that you have to qualify under 2 sets of criteria. First, you have to meet the requirements of one of the multiple Programs - in your case FSW (I believe). Then, there is the CRS scoring system under express entry which have different criteria - your score determines whether or not you receive an ITA. Obviously, writing instructions that are clear across all the programs and the CRS system is challenging. Also, the calculator is just a rough tool to estimate your eligibility - your CRS could be different once you provide more complete information in your profile.

tam_garg

Jul 1, 2018
following is my list of activities performed on the job
· Completion of project /layout engineering in thermal power plant

· Design calculation/ analysis/ documentation

· Development of e-learning modules for training and easy learning of new engineers

· Software programming for automation of design calculations and work supplication

· Study of new technology for implementation in power plant/no of documents generated by state-of-the-art technology scanning

· Release of technical recommendation

· Bench marking / feasibility study /forecasting / technology scanning

· Technical articles published in in-house newsletter

· Coordination

· Quality

· Market research on new business areas

Can you help me find correct NOC for the same.As per my understanding it should be 2141 or 2133. Can I use both?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
following is my list of activities performed on the job
· Completion of project /layout engineering in thermal power plant

· Design calculation/ analysis/ documentation

· Development of e-learning modules for training and easy learning of new engineers

· Software programming for automation of design calculations and work supplication

· Study of new technology for implementation in power plant/no of documents generated by state-of-the-art technology scanning

· Release of technical recommendation

· Bench marking / feasibility study /forecasting / technology scanning

· Technical articles published in in-house newsletter

· Coordination

· Quality

· Market research on new business areas

Can you help me find correct NOC for the same.As per my understanding it should be 2141 or 2133. Can I use both?
asnwered you elsewhere. no need to post on multiple threads