+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Cuba with Canadian Travel Document

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
Hello all,

Does anyone know if I can travel with Canadian travel document to Cuba? Also, do I need visa? I appreciate if you share your experience with me. Thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you a Canadian citizen? If yes, then you can. If not, then it depends on your country of citizenship.

Reactions: foodie69

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
What is the name of this travel document? If you want precise answers, ask precise questions.
Thank you for taking time and answering my question. I think my question is precise. I mean how many types of Canadian Travel Document do you know? If I were a Canadian citizen I would have a Canadian Passport. I’m a permanent resident and I hold a Canadian Travel Document. If you’re asking about Refugee TD or Certificate of Identity, then they’re both called Travel Document and have same value. Maybe you were not a Refugee that’s why you didn’t get my question.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for taking time and answering my question. I think my question is precise. I mean how many types of Canadian Travel Document do you know? If I were a Canadian citizen I would have a Canadian Passport. I’m a permanent resident and I hold a Canadian Travel Document. If you’re asking about Refugee TD or Certificate of Identity, then they’re both called Travel Document and have same value. Maybe you were not a Refugee that’s why you didn’t get my question.
Well, here we go..You are a PR..why not saying that in the first place? Yes, you need a passport and depending on what the requirements are for Cuba, then maybe a visa. https://www.frommers.com/destinations/cuba/planning-a-trip/entry-requirements--customs

I have never been a refugee nor do I plan to be one.

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Always check with the country's embassy about whether they accept RTD based on your country of origin. You may need a visa or the country may refuse RTD. Do not use your home country passport. Cuba tends to be an easy country to travel to.

Reactions: Norya Ebady

Norya Ebady

May 10, 2017
Always check with the country's embassy about whether they accept RTD based on your country of origin. You may need a visa or the country may refuse RTD. Do not use your home country passport. Cuba tends to be an easy country to travel to.

miladox

Jun 6, 2019
I had my travel document and i traveled to Cuba for 7 amazing nights without no any single problem.
i traveled with sunwing airlines and easily returned to Canada without any question asked ! They did not even check my PR card when i entered to Canada and Cuba, Canadian Travel Document is more than enough.
So i 100% assure there is no issues at all and no any risk you have while traveling to Cuba.