+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i travel to canada this is my second year in study programme

Shubhp19

May 24, 2019
Can i travel to canada. I'm in my second year in my course. I live in place where we dont have internet. It's not possible for study online.

Last edited:

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Technically yes, according to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

Since you have a study permit from before March 18 and an essential reason (no internet), you should be able to. However, you must come prepared with proof of some sort and state exactly why you can’t stay in your home country. Read through the link above and find out what else might be helpful (such as already having a place of residence in Canada). You must be convincing and honest. However, I’ve heard cases of people trying this even with everything you have, and being sent back home or not allowed to get on the plane in the first place.

Shubhp19

May 24, 2019
Technically yes, according to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

Since you have a study permit from before March 18 and an essential reason (no internet), you should be able to. However, you must come prepared with proof of some sort and state exactly why you can’t stay in your home country. Read through the link above and find out what else might be helpful (such as already having a place of residence in Canada). You must be convincing and honest. However, I’ve heard cases of people trying this even with everything you have, and being sent back home or not allowed to get on the plane in the first place.
What kind of proof you are pointing to

resilientflora

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
What kind of proof you are pointing to
Doesn’t say exactly. I think you’ll have to figure out the best way to indicate this based on your situation.

“When you travel to Canada
Make sure you have proof that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and that you’re travelling for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose.

When the border services officer greets you, they will look at several factors, including

your non-discretionary reason for travelling to Canada
your ability to complete a 14-day quarantine period as soon as you arrive at your final destination

if you either
have time to complete your quarantine before you physically attend classes,
or
can study online during your quarantine”