+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel outside while restoration study permit is in processing?

ChloeaDang

Apr 11, 2019
Hello,
I want to ask that my application for a restoration study permit is in processing. It expired over a week ago but I didn't realize. I already booked a plane ticket to travel outside before. Can I travel outside and then re-entry to Canada while restoration study permit is in processing? or any suggestion for my case? Please help!!

This is my application status on CIC website:
"Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you leave with restoration in progress the restoration will be cancelled. So you either need to cancel your travel plans or leave and apply for new study permit from home country.

Also while waiting restoration you cant study or work.

ChloeaDang

Apr 11, 2019
If you leave with restoration in progress the restoration will be cancelled. So you either need to cancel your travel plans or leave and apply for new study permit from home country.

Also while waiting restoration you cant study or work.
Where did you read this information "If you leave with restoration in progress the restoration will be cancelled"? I never read this information. Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Where did you read this information "If you leave with restoration in progress the restoration will be cancelled"? I never read this information. Thanks.
When you leave Canada, your status is essentially ended. When/if you next reenter you will start with a new status.