+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel before my PGWP comes? Please help!!!

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
Hi All,

I have fin my graduation and applied for my PGWP...which has taken longer as predicted. Can I travel to my home country as my ticket is expiring and get a friend to courier me my PGWP and I come back on that PGWP. My student visa is still valid until 2013. Please advise urgently as I am running out of time?

Also would like to know if I decide not to travel now and wait for my PGWP , then would I be able to travel on the PGWP and re-enter???

Would I be able to study while on PGWP?

Please please reply soon!!!

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
vini22 said:
Hi All,

I have fin my graduation and applied for my PGWP...which has taken longer as predicted. Can I travel to my home country as my ticket is expiring and get a friend to courier me my PGWP and I come back on that PGWP. My student visa is still valid until 2013. Please advise urgently as I am running out of time?

Also would like to know if I decide not to travel now and wait for my PGWP , then would I be able to travel on the PGWP and re-enter???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vini22 said:
Hi All,

Yes that is fine, but the PGWP work permit doesn't authorize entry. So if you need a TRV to enter Canada, then you have to get a TRV as well. No, you can't study on the PGWP.

trooper_911

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/07/2012
IELTS Request
7.5 bands overall
Med's Request
10/08/2012
Med's Done....
10/08/2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2012
LANDED..........
09-09-2012
Hi PMM

As I understand, you have 90 days from the date of your graduation to apply for PGWP. Suppose you finish your graduation and go back to your country and apply for a visit visa and enter Canada before 90 days expire since graduation. Can you apply for PGWP subsequently while you are on a visit visa?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

trooper_911 said:
Hi PMM

As I understand, you have 90 days from the date of your graduation to apply for PGWP. Suppose you finish your graduation and go back to your country and apply for a visit visa and enter Canada before 90 days expire since graduation. Can you apply for PGWP subsequently while you are on a visit visa?
Yes. But you are sort of "hosed" if the TRV is not issued. It really would be smarted if you have a valid permit to apply for a TRV to Ottawa before you leave.

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
Thank you PMM,

How do I apply for TRV, is it to be done from my origin home country? Coz my parents want me to come back as they are missing me.

1) I was thinking of changing the address on my PGWP and have someone courier it to me. ...Is this possible for me to travel back or re-enter on the PGWP or the TRV?

2) Please guide me on the TRV, from where do I apply for a TRV....I am on Indian origin resding in the UAE.

3) Would I be able to study and work on the TRV / PGWP?

Thanks
Vini

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vini22 said:
Hi

Thank you PMM,

How do I apply for TRV, is it to be done from my origin home country? Coz my parents want me to come back as they are missing me.

1) I was thinking of changing the address on my PGWP and have someone courier it to me. ...Is this possible for me to travel back or re-enter on the PGWP or the TRV?

2) Please guide me on the TRV, from where do I apply for a TRV....I am on Indian origin resding in the UAE.

3) Would I be able to study and work on the TRV / PGWP?

Thanks
Vini
1. The first question is do you have a valid multiple entry TRV in your passport? If no, then you can apply to CPP-Ott for a new one before you leave, processing about 30 days.
2. If you DO have a valid multiple entry TRV in your passport, then you can re-enter Canada without having to apply for a new TRV.
3. If you need the TRV and don't have the time to apply to Ottawa, then the processing time at Abu Dhabi is 21 days +
4. You can't study on a PGWP, you can only work.

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
Hi PMM

Thanks for your reply. My canadian visa says: no of entries : Multiple category: S 1 student

What does this mean and it is valid thru Dec 2013. My PGWP is still under process and should be done by next month.

What do you suggest, should I stay back and try for a job or go back? My field is Economics and still not able to find a decent job.

Thanks
Vini

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
vini22 said:
Hi PMM

Thanks for your reply. My canadian visa says: no of entries : Multiple category: S 1 student

What does this mean and it is valid thru Dec 2013. My PGWP is still under process and should be done by next month.

What do you suggest, should I stay back and try for a job or go back? My field is Economics and still not able to find a decent job.

Thanks
Vini

/quote]

Hello PMM or any of the seniors please put some light here. If I travel before my PGWP comes and ask a friend to courier it to me. My Can visa on my passport says Category S 1 Student Multiple visits. What does this mean. Can I travel back to canada on this document or Do I visit the Canadian COnsulate in my home country and re-apply for TRV ( which I guess as a visitor would be just for 6 months, at the same time I would be holding the PGWP which may be for 3 years keeping in mind I graduated from canada, stayed there for more than 2 years).

Please Please help with answers!!!

vini22

Aug 24, 2012
vini22 said:
vini22 said:
Hi PMM

Thanks
Vini

/quote]

Hello PMM or any of the seniors please put some light here. If I travel before my PGWP comes and ask a friend to courier it to me. My Can visa on my passport says Category S 1 Student Multiple visits. What does this mean. Can I travel back to canada on this document or Do I visit the Canadian COnsulate in my home country and re-apply for TRV ( which I guess as a visitor would be just for 6 months, at the same time I would be holding the PGWP which may be for 3 years keeping in mind I graduated from canada, stayed there for more than 2 years).

:( :'(

Please PMM, and all seniors please help me. i have mentioned what my TRV status is: its S 1 student, nbr of visits: Multiple. PGWP is under process. Can I travel back and get someone to courier it to me n re-enter canada on the above TRV.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vini22 said:
vini22 said:
vini22 said:
Hi PMM

Thanks
Vini

/quote]

:( :'(

Please PMM, and all seniors please help me. i have mentioned what my TRV status is: its S 1 student, nbr of visits: Multiple. PGWP is under process. Can I travel back and get someone to courier it to me n re-enter canada on the above TRV.

YOu have a multiple entry TRV that is valid. So you can return up to the date of expiry, so you are good to go.