+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I transfer my Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from ICICI Bank Canada to Scotia Bank?

Daljot

Aug 6, 2018
Hello there,
So, so I just got a GIC from ICICI Bank Canada and now I want to transfer it to Scotiabank for convenience. Can you please tell me how to do that ?
Thanks.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hello there,
So, so I just got a GIC from ICICI Bank Canada and now I want to transfer it to Scotiabank for convenience. Can you please tell me how to do that ?
Thanks.
I don't think that is possible. When the account has been opened for GIC you need to be with that bank for one year.

Daljot

Aug 6, 2018
Thanks for your input. Although I too think that it might not be able to directly transfer the account but there must be some other way round to get it done.

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
My agent opened gic account in icici too (because of less time for visa application) , knowing that there are no branches of it in montreal, where am going for study. But he said that i can activate it online without visiting branch. So my suggestion is stick with icici only and if you want to change, then do it once its over. Means when you get your full money in installments as students get from their gic acocunt.

Reactions: Smarpit

Smarpit

Sep 30, 2019
My agent opened gic account in icici too (because of less time for visa application) , knowing that there are no branches of it in montreal, where am going for study. But he said that i can activate it online without visiting branch. So my suggestion is stick with icici only and if you want to change, then do it once its over. Means when you get your full money in installments as students get from their gic acocunt.
Hi, I also have GIC account in ICICI bank and I want to activate it but there is no branch in Montreal. You said that It would be possible online. If it is possible online then please let me know.

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hi, I also have GIC account in ICICI bank and I want to activate it but there is no branch in Montreal. You said that It would be possible online. If it is possible online then please let me know.
Sorry for late reply. It can be done with icici bank canada spp application. Thanks.

parneet_kaur

May 12, 2021
hi, i have same situation. can you please tell me what you did?