+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i transfer money from my Bank account in India to my Bank account in Canada

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
Hi,

I would like to know if it is legally allowed to transfer money from my Indian bank account to my Canadian bank account?

My situation is like this:
I am a PR of Canada, but staying presently in India. I have worked in Canada from the year 2008 to 2012. During this time, i have transferred money from My Bank account in Canada to my bank account in India.

Now, i need the money back in Canada, so that i can use the money to make down payment while purchasing a house in Canada.

I would like to know if it is legally allowed to transfer money from India to Canada. I would like to transfer, say 30 lakh Indian rupees from my Bank account in India to the Bank account in Canada.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Re: Can i transfer money from my Bank account in India to my Bank account in Candian

You can legally transfer as much money as you want from bank of India to a bank in Canada, through wire transfer only.

If you plan to move the money by hand at the border, ie a money order, you must declare it at the border if it is more than $10000 CAD.

Screech339

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there is some monetary restrictions in India to export money to other country. You would have to consult your banker in India first.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
Go check with your bank they will be able to transfer money to any account with some charges and documentation.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
sridhar249 said:
Hi,

I would like to know if it is legally allowed to transfer money from my Indian bank account to my Canadian bank account?

I am a PR of Canada, but staying presently in India. I have worked in Canada from the year 2008 to 2012. During this time, i have transferred money from My Bank account in Canada to my bank account in India.

Now, i need the money back in Canada, so that i can use the money to make down payment while purchasing a house in Canada.

I would like to know if it is legally allowed to transfer money from India to Canada. I would like to transfer, say 30 lakh Indian rupees from my Bank account in India to the Bank account in Canada.

Thanks,
Sridhar.
Yes you can send but it is a long procedure. you need to speak to bank and writer a request letter in writing asking them to send money to perticular bank. the bank will apply for RBI approval. Once they receive the approval then they will send it to the bank. The whole process will take a week time min.

naonidh

Oct 23, 2014
Jagraon
Category........
Visa Office......
new dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 july
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
15 sep
Med's Done....
july 3
Interview........
Hope No Interview Becoze IN PROCESS Since 13 March
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hii Every One You can Transfer Money Through DEmand Draft ..
COontact main branch of SBi, PNB, ...
Easy Trasfer Through ICICI Bank they CUt single Time Charges according to my opinian

sridhar249

Oct 7, 2014
Thanks a lot for the replies.

I have enquired with ICICI bank in India and they said it is possible. The good thing is you don't need an NRI account. You can transfer from your Savings account in India, to your bank account in Canada. But you need to visit the branch and get the transfer done through them. According to them, the whole process should take max 48 hrs.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
sridhar249 said:
Thanks a lot for the replies.

I have enquired with ICICI bank in India and they said it is possible. The good thing is you don't need an NRI account. You can transfer from your Savings account in India, to your bank account in Canada. But you need to visit the branch and get the transfer done through them. According to them, the whole process should take max 48 hrs.
I have done it few times from my savings account with AXIS Bank and the transfer is effected on the same day. There are RBI specified forms available at Foreign Exchange branches of all banks, You go there, sign these forms and money is transferred in the evening when Canadian Banks open.

Neena15

Feb 1, 2018
Hi
I am a pr in canada.
Can i transfer money from my indian savings account to canada bank account online??
I am staying in canada

Balajirajace

Oct 21, 2018
Hi,

Thanks,
Sridhar.
Hi sir I would like to know how to transfer money from
Hi,

Thanks,
Sridhar.
hi sir I would like to know how to transfer money from my Canada bank account to Indian bank via online