+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I tell if I am under comprehensive security check or just regular check from CBSA and IRCC notes?

Philip126

May 17, 2023
I am applying for BCPNP since 2022 July and have passed eligibility since Feb 15 and received pre-arrival letter on the same day. I received notes from IRCC and CBSA, hope to find out if I am under regular security check or comprehensive security check which means it will last for more than 6 months.

Received my notes from CBSA on May 1. It says

Eligibility - Passed
Criminality: Passed
Meds: Passed
Info sharing: complete
Security: in progress

with the latest note: "Security Data Entry Complete and Submitted."(Created date 2023/04/18) and "File reviewed. Security in progress."(Created date 2023/04/14)

Received my notes from IRCC on May 15. It says

Eligibility: Passed
Security: (it is blank)
HIRV:
Org Crime: Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
OtherRegs:
Final:

Received a mail with two papers from CSIS last week that says Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress.

Just wondering if I am under the comprehensive security check which is conducted by both CSIS and CBSA or just under the regular check by CSIS?

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I am applying for BCPNP since 2022 July and have passed eligibility since Feb 15 and received pre-arrival letter on the same day. I received notes from IRCC and CBSA, hope to find out if I am under regular security check or comprehensive security check which means it will last for more than 6 months.

Eligibility - Passed

with the latest note: "Security Data Entry Complete and Submitted."(Created date 2023/04/18) and "File reviewed. Security in progress."(Created date 2023/04/14)

HIRV:
OtherRegs:
Final:

Received a mail with two papers from CSIS last week that says Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress.

Just wondering if I am under the comprehensive security check which is conducted by both CSIS and CBSA or just under the regular check by CSIS?
Bro, do you have any updates?
I have the same situation, my IRCC and CSIS notes are exactly as yours. CBSA notes still waiting for more than 2 months.

Maybe anyonelse reading this can add something?
Time and efforts are apprecited.

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023

Eligibility - Passed

HIRV:
OtherRegs:
Final:

Any update? Someone told me if CSIA said security in prgress means you are in comprehensive

Reactions: rubi7509

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, did anyone get any update regarding security? CSIS security checks seem like a blackhole, no updates and there's no way to check what's causing the holdup. Did anyone's security check pass which was stuck with CSIS?

I applied on 16th June 2022, my file has been in security check since May 2023. For security check, my CBSA notes say "in progress" and CSIS notes "Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Hi, did anyone get any update regarding security? CSIS security checks seem like a blackhole, no updates and there's no way to check what's causing the holdup. Did anyone's security check pass which was stuck with CSIS?

I applied on 16th June 2022, my file has been in security check since May 2023. For security check, my CBSA notes say "in progress" and CSIS notes "Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."
same, here, i applied march 9 2022, and my security is stuck since feb 28 2023 with CSIS , same response "Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
same, here, i applied march 9 2022, and my security is stuck since feb 28 2023 with CSIS , same response "Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1 )(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."
Is there anything we can do? Like this is absurd there's no timeline for security check and even if it exceeds the processing time IRCC is like we can't do anything

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Is there anything we can do? Like this is absurd there's no timeline for security check and even if it exceeds the processing time IRCC is like we can't do anything
there is only one way, writ of mandamus and i think you have to wait for 2 years to file it,
i am waiting 2 more months and will go for this option

bilh1

Aug 15, 2020
there is only one way, writ of mandamus and i think you have to wait for 2 years to file it,
i am waiting 2 more months and will go for this option
Isn't that a costly option? I am also eligible for CEC EE not sure if I should go via that route. Also do you know anyone else with a similar timeline stuck in security?

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
Isn't that a costly option? I am also eligible for CEC EE not sure if I should go via that route. Also, do you know anyone else with a similar timeline stuck in security?
it is costly, but it is better than waiting and dying due to depression, there are a lot of people stuck in security checks with CEC EE profiles,
if you want to wait you can wait it could take 1 day to 2 years or maybe more, unfortunately they don't have any timeline for security checks