+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I take my Parents while I land for First Time in Canada on PR Visa?

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Can my parents apply for Visitor Visa and they can use my name that they will be traveling along with me and come back in 2 weeks after doing sightseeing in Canada?

Can I also write a letter to support their Visitor Visa Application? Please note I'll be traveling first time too! I haven't got PR Card as of now! I just have that CoPR and PR Visa. My parents plan to stay with me for 2 weeks during which they will mostly do sightseeing

If yes, They both file ITR (Self Employed) and have good FDs (approx. CAD$ 200,000) in India along with the house and a shop which is in their name. Would that be sufficient to show that they will come back?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
msudershan2 said:
Can my parents apply for Visitor Visa and they can use my name that they will be traveling along with me and come back in 2 weeks after doing sightseeing in Canada?

Can I also write a letter to support their Visitor Visa Application? Please note I'll be traveling first time too! I haven't got PR Card as of now! I just have that CoPR and PR Visa. My parents plan to stay with me for 2 weeks during which they will mostly do sightseeing

If yes, They both file ITR (Self Employed) and have good FDs (approx. CAD$ 200,000) in India along with the house and a shop which is in their name. Would that be sufficient to show that they will come back?
Visitor visa depends on case officer. you can apply I guess.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
msudershan2 said:

Yes you can apply for the visitor visa, but make sure to book a return flight ticket and upload it along with their application.

A return ticket is more convincing than anything else. Also make sure to include a detailed letter of explanation with their application along with your invitation letter.

Reactions: nadirakazi

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Can't they visit you after you have landed? I would say keep things simple and make sure your landing is done smoothly as this should be the focus by now. There is no need to complicate things at this point. Furthermore, only after you become a PR that you can invite them for a visit which will be a plus for the visitor visa application.

Just my two cents

Reactions: Kaya.94 and Maryz

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
BC4life said:
Can't they visit you after you have landed? I would say keep things simple and make sure your landing is done smoothly as this should be the focus by now. There is no need to complicate things at this point. Furthermore, only after you become a PR that you can invite them for a visit which will be a plus for the visitor visa application.

Just my two cents
I think you're the one complicating things. OP's plan is fine, as long as their parents get their TRVs, and I think they have a good chance. OP stated it's their first time traveling out of the country, and it's normal to want some moral support. I had my relatives with me when I landed, and it was reassuring to have them there.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Just to clarify things

I have been to Europe, US, South Asia and studied in the UK and lived there for 6 years......This is my first time in Canada and I don't have anyone there. While having said that, my parents thought that they should go along with me for sightseeing

My parents have been to UK and 2-3 countries in Europe. They also have B1/B2 US Visa, but, have never been to the US....They just want to go along with me to Canada. Although, I can do landing myself, but, I am asking since I am not in Canada, can I write a letter to VO that I want to do landing with my parents, however, the will return after 2 weeks. Can my parents use my name in their Cover Letter that we are going along with our son, while he would wait for PR Card, they will return in 2 weeks?

Apologies for confusion on my part! I am also concerned about complexity, but wouldn't in the letter I'll include I'll clearly state they just want to go for Sightseeing!?!

I'll book return tickets and show FDs of my parents!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe think carefully about booking return tickets before visa has been approved unless they are refundable or at least only subject to minimum cancellation fee that you find acceptable. Maybe just supply a detailed tourist itinerary for the 2 weeks plus fact they are accompanying you when completing your landing for moral support. Assume you do not mean literally waiting for PR card as that takes months to come through not a couple weeks.

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
Getting a tourist visa for your parents is easy process.contact any travel agents ,they will assist you

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
prkartik said:
Getting a tourist visa for your parents is easy process.contact any travel agents ,they will assist you
Why a travel agent? The OP managed to get the PR through the online process, he can manage to get the tourist visa online too. Its pretty simple and straight process.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maverick28 said:
Why a travel agent? The OP managed to get the PR through the online process, he can manage to get the tourist visa online too. Its pretty simple and straight process.
Plus of course some travel agents may well charge a fee and they have zero influence actually getting a visa plus worst case you could find someone who has zero experience of the process.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
msudershan2 said:
Just to clarify things

I have been to Europe, US, South Asia and studied in the UK and lived there for 6 years......This is my first time in Canada and I don't have anyone there. While having said that, my parents thought that they should go along with me for sightseeing

My parents have been to UK and 2-3 countries in Europe. They also have B1/B2 US Visa, but, have never been to the US....They just want to go along with me to Canada. Although, I can do landing myself, but, I am asking since I am not in Canada, can I write a letter to VO that I want to do landing with my parents, however, the will return after 2 weeks. Can my parents use my name in their Cover Letter that we are going along with our son, while he would wait for PR Card, they will return in 2 weeks?

Apologies for confusion on my part! I am also concerned about complexity, but wouldn't in the letter I'll include I'll clearly state they just want to go for Sightseeing!?!

I'll book return tickets and show FDs of my parents!
Then just apply for the TRV like you have with all the other visas. Don't overthink this just because you're landing as PR. But as another poster said, don't book tickets yet until their visas are granted.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I'll apply for their Tourist Visa for my parents within this week! I think they will get it :) + Excited to Watch Niagara Falls from Canada side :)

Thanks guys for all the replies

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
I'll apply for their Tourist Visa for my parents within this week! I think they will get it :) + Excited to Watch Niagara Falls from Canada side :)

Thanks guys for all the replies
Can you plz let me know if you could apply for TRV for your parents & did land along with you?

If yes, what all documents you submitted for parent's TRV?

vrtripathi1

Jul 23, 2017
So finally, did you go alone for the first time landing or managed to get parents visa. I am curious because I am also in the same boat and wish to apply visa for parents.
If you can guide about documents & process will be really appreciated. :)

sehrishk

Sep 4, 2018
does anyone have any update on this? did the parents get the visa then? I am in a similar situation and would like to know if my parents can apply for a visit visa on their own basis before I make my landing. And also do i have to show my details in their application that i have received a COPR