+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I take company training with BOWP?

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hi.

I have an job offer, in that job offer in case I get the job they provide me paid training which is 5 weeks in class and 2 weeks on the road. But I'm just reading my BOWP and it says "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending and educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course". I'm not gonna get any certificate or diploma, it is just training for the job position.

Does that mean that I cannot do that job or "professional training" mentioned in BOWP doesn't include company training? It's little bit confusing, hopefully someone knows the answer.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
The WP specifically say it all for all work permits , Which ideally means things you can do on study WP can't be done on WP because both are separate . Legally you can't attend any schools , Universities for education which anyways wont be allowed even you apply on basis of BOWP .

Rest if its company training , It will not count under education as the training from company is given to enhance your current job skills and its not documented as well as affiliated by any school and university.

You are good to go as long as company is giving you that training .

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
dennizgb said:
Hi.

I have an job offer, in that job offer in case I get the job they provide me paid training which is 5 weeks in class and 2 weeks on the road. But I'm just reading my BOWP and it says "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending and educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course". I'm not gonna get any certificate or diploma, it is just training for the job position.

Does that mean that I cannot do that job or "professional training" mentioned in BOWP doesn't include company training? It's little bit confusing, hopefully someone knows the answer.

I have done something like that in past. based on my experience you can take training and also attend conferences as far as you are not going to any university or school.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
dennizgb said:
Hi.

As per CIC, you don't need study permit if your course or program lasts 6 months or less.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp