+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I renew my study permit from outside of Canada?

powerisnow

Apr 18, 2023
Dok and Diplomatru, Thank you for your concern. I have already contacted the Canadian Embassy in my country, and it seems that I will have to apply for a new study permit and a new TRV instead from within Thailand. I agree that it would be great if I could go back to Canada in order to renew my study permit. Unfortunately, I cannot due to the fact that I do not have a place to stay before September 1st. My friends and I rent a house over there, but the contract does not start until September 1st. Thus, I will have to do whatever I can from within Thailand instead.
Please tell me how do you did that? Applying for new study permit from home country. How to do that?

powerisnow

Apr 18, 2023
My previous study permit was valid till 31st July. I have filed for TRP on 29th June, now I got a reply yesterday that your application is withdrawn because your legal status in canada had expired. My college enrolment letter has expected completion date as Aug 18th, 2023. If I file for new permit right now, till the time that application goes in processing. They might say that your expected completion tome of studies are over? Do I have to inform colege about this? Do I have to stop studying now because I have no application in implied status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My previous study permit was valid till 31st July. I have filed for TRP on 29th June, now I got a reply yesterday that your application is withdrawn because your legal status in canada had expired. My college enrolment letter has expected completion date as Aug 18th, 2023. If I file for new permit right now, till the time that application goes in processing. They might say that your expected completion tome of studies are over? Do I have to inform colege about this? Do I have to stop studying now because I have no application in implied status.
Why did you file for a TRP? Are you inadmissible to Canada? So your TRV and study permit expired and you didn’t apply for new ones inside Canada.

Have you finished your studies? When did you leave Canada? If you have not finished your studies, you can finish outside of Canada without a permit. You are not on implied status because you are not in Canada.

Kishan B

Jan 30, 2018
I have got my student visa and I have been to Canada, but because of family emergency I had to come back to India in just 23 days. My Passport, Study Permit and VISA is expiring on 31st July, 2024. I want to go to Canada again for may, 2024 intake. Can I travel with 3 months visa left? Also i want to change my DLI.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have got my student visa and I have been to Canada, but because of family emergency I had to come back to India in just 23 days. My Passport, Study Permit and VISA is expiring on 31st July, 2024. I want to go to Canada again for may, 2024 intake. Can I travel with 3 months visa left? Also i want to change my DLI.
How long did you study in Canada? Are you still studying?