+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I quit my job right after applications are approved?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Himmm, I passed eligibility without any issues at all, and the subsequent web form update did not affect my eligibility. I was on a graduate work permit

I scanned my ROE and update through webfrom.

I think webform & calling in are the only 2 ways of updating an application in process. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
You're awesome for replying, not to mention quick as well . Yes I think those are the 2 ways.
I'm on my pgwp too and already burned out with this job. I am dying to visit my family. Can't wait for the year to complete and quit. Thanks for replying again. Appreciate it.

Tejas2016

Apr 30, 2020
Need answer from someone here who has left their job after completing one year experience.
Hi i need help that recently I received copr in New Brunswick and have close permit i am here from 3year on same job now i quit my job when I received copr is it right ?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi i need help that recently I received copr in New Brunswick and have close permit i am here from 3year on same job now i quit my job when I received copr is it right ?
Hi. Which stream was it? I was told in tr to pr there's more leeway to quit

BlacksAbs

Apr 20, 2021
You can quit your job, and it won't affect your VISA situation. But it is essential to know that you need to quit your job correctly, and you should follow all the necessary standards. You can find out more about this on jobsandcareer.tips. Try to write a short resignation notice. First, you should tell your boss that you want to quit at least two weeks before quoting the job, so he has enough time to find someone. Also, it is essential to let a good post impression about yourself after quitting your job, so don't be mean to your colleagues.

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
You can quit your job, and it won't affect your VISA situation. But it is essential to know that you need to quit your job correctly, and you should follow all the necessary standards. You can find out more about this on jobsandcareer.tips. Try to write a short resignation notice. First, you should tell your boss that you want to quit at least two weeks before quoting the job, so he has enough time to find someone. Also, it is essential to let a good post impression about yourself after quitting your job, so don't be mean to your colleagues.
Haha ofcourse. I'm leaving with good intentions and going to let my seniors know beforehand. Thank you.

irttry

Oct 27, 2023
Wow, congratulations!
My suggestion is late leave from the office for one month, if you think it works then you can quit your job..

Last edited:

heedrty

Oct 28, 2023
Recently, I received my COPR in New Brunswick, but I still have a closed work permit. I have been at my current job for three years. Is it okay for me to quit my job now?

heedrty

Oct 28, 2023
Wow thata great news
Recently, I received my COPR in New Brunswick, but I still have a closed work permit. I have been at my current job for three years. Is it okay for me to quit my job now?

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes. Once you’re a PR, you’re no longer bound by your closed work permit.

effgy

Nov 17, 2023
Thank you! Your suggestion involves taking late leave from the office for a month, and if that proves effective, then you could consider leaving your job.

Sep 29, 2023
Based on the information provided and the search results, it's important to consider the implications of quitting a job when it is tied to a specific visa status. Here are some insights based on the search results:

1. **Visa Status and Employment:**
- For individuals on specific visas such as H-1B or TN visas, the employment status is often directly tied to the visa status. Quitting a job can have implications for the individual's legal status in the country.

2. **Quitting Strategy:**
- It's crucial to have a clear understanding of the visa regulations and the impact of quitting a job on the visa status. Seeking advice from immigration attorneys or professionals who specialize in visa matters can provide valuable guidance.

3. **Visa Application and Job Transition:**
- In some cases, it may be possible to apply for a new visa or transition to a different visa status without immediately quitting the current job. Seeking legal advice and understanding the specific visa regulations is essential in such situations. MyCVSHR

4. **TN Visa Considerations:**
- For individuals on TN visas, it may be possible to apply for a new TN visa without quitting the current job, as highlighted in the search results[2][5].

5. **Legal Implications:**
- Quitting a job tied to a specific visa can have legal and immigration-related consequences, including potential impacts on lawful presence and status in the country[3].

It's important to approach the situation with careful consideration of the visa regulations, seek legal advice when necessary, and understand the potential implications of quitting a job tied to a specific visa status. Consulting with immigration professionals or legal experts can provide tailored guidance based on individual circumstances.

effgy

Nov 17, 2023
Sure, here is a paragraph-length rewrite of the sentence "Your suggestion involves taking late leave from the office for a month, and if that proves effective, then you could consider leaving your job."

Your suggestion involves taking a month-long leave of absence from work to assess your current situation and make informed decisions about your future. This could include evaluating your current work-life balance and exploring potential career options. If this period of reflection proves beneficial, you could consider pursuing a change in employment that better aligns with your personal and professional goals. This approach allows you to make a proactive decision about your career path without the pressure of immediate resignation.