+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I quit my job right after applications are approved?

ohdannyboy

Sep 14, 2020
AOR July 21th
CEC
Approved on Feb 18th
Didn't get COPR by email I just can se COPR doc number on cic account

Quitting curent job never affects my visa situations?

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Thanks
I badly want to quit this goddddammmmmn job lol
Like most of us?? ! You did the hardest, just wait now. I have a dream....that one day, I m gonna say to my boss " I QUIT"....

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
Seems like a lot of us want to quit once PR is approved. Can I please add in a question? I'm still working towards fulfilling 1 year experience but I hate my working environment. Can I quit after receiving ITA? What will happen if CIC call my employer?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Seems like a lot of us want to quit once PR is approved. Can I please add in a question? I'm still working towards fulfilling 1 year experience but I hate my working environment. Can I quit after receiving ITA? What will happen if CIC call my employer?
If you’re on open work permit, you can quit and find a new employer without worrying about LMIA.
If you’re on closed work permit, then it’s a diff story since your authorization to work is tied with your employer.

if you’re planning to leave regardless, ask for reference letter before you quit at least it would be easier to talk to your boss/HR of the letter contents rather than doing it when you’re already gone.

Its rare for IRCC to call the employer, they’ll do so if they find something dubious with your reference letters.

Reactions: mnint and Smys

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
If you’re on open work permit, you can quit and find a new employer without worrying about LMIA.
If you’re on closed work permit, then it’s a diff story since your authorization to work is tied with your employer.

if you’re planning to leave regardless, ask for reference letter before you quit at least it would be easier to talk to your boss/HR of the letter contents rather than doing it when you’re already gone.

Its rare for IRCC to call the employer, they’ll do so if they find something dubious with your reference letters.
I have open WP, no LMIA. I have calculated my CRS and it's relatively high, I just need to fulfill the working experience requirement, that's why I sticking with my current job even though I really want to quit. I want to look for a job that is related to what I studied.

I will ask for the reference letter once I reach the 1 year mark, thank you for your advice.

I will have to be very detailed in my reference letter then. I don't want CIC to call my work place after I quit, don't know what my boss would tell them. Or worse, the new person that replaces me picks up the call and has no idea what the CIC is asking about. Will I have to inform the CIC of my departure with the company?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I have open WP, no LMIA. I have calculated my CRS and it's relatively high, I just need to fulfill the working experience requirement, that's why I sticking with my current job even though I really want to quit. I want to look for a job that is related to what I studied.

I will ask for the reference letter once I reach the 1 year mark, thank you for your advice.

I will have to be very detailed in my reference letter then. I don't want CIC to call my work place after I quit, don't know what my boss would tell them. Or worst, the new person that replaces me picks up the call and has no idea what the CIC is asking about. Will I have to inform the CIC of my departure with the company?
Yes, tell IRCC via webform that you already quit.

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Need answer from someone here who has left their job after completing one year experience.
I got laid off in May, got my PR in Jul
You just need 1 yr of exp on an open work permit.

Seems like they didn't call my workplace or anything. I did raise webform to inform them that I'm laid off

Reactions: mnint

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I got laid off in May, got my PR in Jul
You just need 1 yr of exp on an open work permit.

Seems like they didn't call my workplace or anything. I did raise webform to inform them that I'm laid off
Congrats. So 1. being laid off won't affect anything like they won't ask you why you did?

2. You suggest it's better to add that information on file rather than web form?

Reactions: hyong1991

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Congrats. So 1. being laid off won't affect anything like they won't ask you why you did?

2. You suggest it's better to add that information on file rather than web form?
Himmm, I passed eligibility without any issues at all, and the subsequent web form update did not affect my eligibility. I was on a graduate work permit

I scanned my ROE and update through webfrom.

I think webform & calling in are the only 2 ways of updating an application in process. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Reactions: mnint