+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I meet my mother in Canada while awaiting decision from RAD

Mrs. ch

May 8, 2019
Hi
I’m a refugee claimant and waiting for RAD decision. Currently I’m pregnant and under major depression. My doctor gave me a letter confirming that I’m in major depression and needs emotional support. So if my mother is allowed to visit me here it will help me to come over my problem and also its beneficial for the new born too.
So on the the basis of that doctor’s note my mother can apply for a visitor visa from her country or not. Or they will refuse her visa because I’m a refugee claimant.
Please reply if anyone knows anything about the situation.
Thanks

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
The refusal for your mother will be automatic. It will be a real miracle if the agent accept his visa.

Having a child in Canada is not a guarantee for you to stay in the country.

Try instead to fill your time with volunteerism, and ask for emotional assistance to religious associations or groups, if you are a believer ... Also, try to apply for a work permit, and work as you can . This is the best thing to do while waiting for the appeal decision.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

Mrs. ch

May 8, 2019
This is what I ha move been doing so far. But I want to ask is UT a crime to apply for asylum in Canada specially when you have a fear of life in your home country?
And I need my mother’s emotional support at this time. That’s what my doctor even mentioned in the letter that I have on medical note.
And if a person who is refugee claimant has no right to see her mother in a difficult time?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
This is what I ha move been doing so far. But I want to ask is UT a crime to apply for asylum in Canada specially when you have a fear of life in your home country?
And I need my mother’s emotional support at this time. That’s what my doctor even mentioned in the letter that I have on medical note.
And if a person who is refugee claimant has no right to see her mother in a difficult time?
Unfortunately, no, you do not have the "right", to see your mother right now. She does not have a "right", to come to Canada. .No, it is not a crime to apply for asylum, but it does not mean that you will be automatically accepted either, which you know, since you have appealed your negative decision to the RAD, and as you mentioned are now pregnant. Immigration will assume your mother will claim asylum as well, based upon you claiming asylum.And this they want to avoid. I would ask your Dr to recommend or refer you to resources that could possibly support your issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It’s not a crime, but the decision to claim asylum comes with extremely difficult choices, and one of those is separation from family and loved ones for extended periods. Those are the choices you made. IRCC isn’t telling you you can’t apply, but the chances of a successful application are extremely low, regardless of what a doctor may say. As a sovereign country, Canada can allow/disallow anyone entry as they see fit. It’s nothing personal.

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry for what you're going through.

Unfortunately agree with what others have said, I don't think there is any chance your mother will be approved for a TRV. Having said that, she can certainly try and apply. If she applies, I would strongly recommend that she request a 2-3 week trip at most. Also, she should not mention anything about helping with the baby. She will also want to show strong ties to her home country (e.g. job, property, assets) and demonstrate she has enough funds to pay for her trip.

You are correct. Having your mother visit is not a right. This is true for anyone in Canada, not just refugee claimants. Visiting is a privilege.

Reactions: jddd

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Dont you have any friends ? If so then try to spend your leisure time with them. If you know any resource for free yoga classes, take that .Also involve your self with different organizations where you can participate in many activities.I can understand your mental situation, having your mother is the best thing at this time yet situation isn’t on your side so try to accept what you have and stay positive. I hope things gona ok with you. God bless .