Can I live in any another part of Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazishk said:
dear leon thumbs up for ur efforts!!!
i got my COPR yesterday n it says my province of destination is AB and city of destination is Calgary i m in skilled worker category...the question is same can i live somewhere else but AB...wat should i say to immigration officer if he ask me for address n i will give him/her the address of toronto..as i mentioned before my husband will go back to finish his job cobtract.in how many days we will get the PR?
If you applied under the skilled worker program, you are not tied to living in AB. You can land and settle in Toronto if you want to.

Getting a PR card takes around 51 days after landing, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
dear leon.
though my question is diverting the topic...but plz answer me
my daughter will be 7 years old and son will be 5 years old when i will reach Canada what will be the admission procedure in public school. do they have give a test for addmission? plz help and stay blessed.
nazish k

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
dear leon.
on my single entry visa
FPC is written under the heading of C.Reg.
what is this duppose to mean?
plz clarify
thnx
nk

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazishk said:
dear leon.
on my single entry visa
FPC is written under the heading of C.Reg.
what is this duppose to mean?
plz clarify
thnx
nk
I don't know. A googling of immigration codes hints that FPC may stand for "Fee paid in Canada".

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
dear leon

i am back with few more questions and need your precious advice
1. we are in middle eastern country where we have no facility of making a demand draft or travellers check for CAD. how much the maximum limit of the money in cash we can bring with us if we are a family of 2 adults n 2 kids?
2. we are honestly wiling to show the total amount we are bringing. so will it fall in category of money laundering?
3. do we have to pay any taxes for bringibg a large amount for the first time.
your advice needed?
thnx
nazish k

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazishk said:
dear leon

i am back with few more questions and need your precious advice
1. we are in middle eastern country where we have no facility of making a demand draft or travellers check for CAD. how much the maximum limit of the money in cash we can bring with us if we are a family of 2 adults n 2 kids?
2. we are honestly wiling to show the total amount we are bringing. so will it fall in category of money laundering?
3. do we have to pay any taxes for bringibg a large amount for the first time.
your advice needed?
thnx
nazish k
You can bring as much money as you like BUT, you must report to customs if you are carrying more than $10,000. Customs will not take your money, they will just note that you have come to settle in Canada and that your brought your funds in cash.

If you do not tell customs that you are carrying more than $10,000 and they search you and find it, then you may be accused of money laundering and they could fine you and confiscate your money, worst case. However, as you are also landing, it should be clear from your immigration papers that you were bringing them for your settlement. However, tell customs anyway just in case. You can find a form to fill out for that as well, here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
Hi All,

I am Quebec skilled worker, who recently landed. Working in montreal for more than 2 years. I have not given any mailing address for the pr card, as I have to move out of province to pursue a new job and pr card takes more than 3 months now. The thing is I stated to reside in quebec and montreal, but I have job offer that requires me to move to a different province. What are my options here. According to the officer I can give the new address in montreal when i move in to my new location, but since it will be outside quebec will that cause any problem. Please help me decide quickly.

Thanks all.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
Hi
I got a nomination from nova scotia for pnp visa on 10 july 2014 and i have also applied for fsw 2014 my file reached on 9 june 2014 noc 2174 still waiting to be in cap or assessment stage.
I have chosen alberta in fsw application

Can i apply for both the applications and withdraw one whichever is slow in process.

Does this will affect my nomination.. If my fsw app doesn't comes in cap i will go with pnp.

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
hi leon

thanks for being there to resolve our querries

my questions are:
how can i fill B4 forms?
do i have to fill same form twice one for "accompanying goods" and one for "goods to follow"?
what is mover's inventory means on b4 form?
what is Bsf186a form?
do i have to value used clothes also?
on bringing more than 10000 dollars should i have to fill E677 form?
can i get a sample b4 form to get an idea?
do i have to remember which box contains what just in case the immigration officer asks?
i know there are many questions but my time of travelling has come near i m so worried.
thnx
stay blessed