+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave work address for IRCC documents/mails?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
So I finally gave up on the hope of getting my citizenship done within 12 months and will send out my PR renewal application today - it will expire in about 4 months. But I will have some work assignments outside Canada during upcoming months, and may happen to be outside the country when the card is ready. In the application form there's residential address and mailing address (if different from residential), so can I use my work address as mailing address, as there's someone to sign for it and keep it safe while I am away.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
In the application form there's residential address and mailing address (if different from residential), so can I use my work address as mailing address,
There is no harm and/or downside in offering any address as a mailing address; work / friend's / whatever.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
So I finally gave up on the hope of getting my citizenship done within 12 months and will send out my PR renewal application today - it will expire in about 4 months. But I will have some work assignments outside Canada during upcoming months, and may happen to be outside the country when the card is ready. In the application form there's residential address and mailing address (if different from residential), so can I use my work address as mailing address, as there's someone to sign for it and keep it safe while I am away.
Have you sent webform requests for invite of citizenship test? Try it, it worked for me

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I did, and it didn’t work for me , all I got is the same standard answer
On agust 29 Th , I’ve sent them second webform (thanks to VencouverBC suggestions) and I requested test invite (just like VancouverBC recommend me) , there was no answer on my first webform! on Sep 17 at noon (12:00) u got test invite for oct 10! Same day at 4 afternoon I got responded from webform requests, they just remind me when is my test! I highly recommend to send a webform now and remind the that ur application is reaching 12 months soon and u need test invite!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
On agust 29 Th , I’ve sent them second webform (thanks to VencouverBC suggestions) and I requested test invite (just like VancouverBC recommend me) , there was no answer on my first webform! on Sep 17 at noon (12:00) u got test invite for oct 10! Same day at 4 afternoon I got responded from webform requests, they just remind me when is my test! I highly recommend to send a webform now and remind the that ur application is reaching 12 months soon and u need test invite!
I sent one 2 weeks ago

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I think it should be okay, however, it might change your address for citizenship application as well. When I logged in my ecas my PR application was in the process and it showed "in process" for two applications. I guess that's also fine, however, I hope that it doesn't trigger them to resend your file to another GTA office and cause further delays.

I have low expectations out of this Sauga office.