Can I go there?
I will be landing to toronto.
Ankur

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't you need your CSQ for Québec? What about health insurance?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a CSQ to immigrate to Quebec, land there (under most circumstances), and settle there from the beginning. Once you have already landed and settled somewhere else you are free to move, work, study etc. anywhere you want, including Quebec.

The CSQ is not necessary for health insurance. The only tangible benefit that the CSQ gives you that I know of is Quebec resident tuition.

Rob51 said:
Don't you need your CSQ for Québec? What about health insurance?

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean to say we pay out-of-state tuition even if we have Canadian PR with not CSQ? How many residency days do we accumulate in Quebec before qualifying for in-state tuition?

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more question. What about health insurance in Quebec for a new PR? Does it kick-in immediately or start after some cooling period?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to their website there is a waiting period of up to 3 months.

OrangeCounty said:
One more question. What about health insurance in Quebec for a new PR? Does it kick-in immediately or start after some cooling period?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
OrangeCounty said:
You mean to say we pay out-of-state tuition even if we have Canadian PR with not CSQ? How many residency days do we accumulate in Quebec before qualifying for in-state tuition?
You mean "out-of-province"? You probably need to demonstrate at least 1 year of prior residency anywhere to get in-province tuition rates.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only Quebec has Quebec resident (in-province) tuition rates. The other provinces charge you the same tuition regardless of which province you are from.

Yes, it takes 1 year to get Quebec residency, unless you qualify another way (such as by having a CSQ).

links18 said:
You mean "out-of-province"? You probably need to demonstrate at least 1 year of prior residency anywhere to get in-province tuition rates.