+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go back to Canada to work ? Please help~

inesli

Jun 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a confusion now about my situation, and I hope you can help me here. I have sent my application for permanent resident under EE CEC category. I went to university in Canada, worked for one year under NOB category, and took IELTS test ( but it is not good enough, will take it again). But my work permit is expired, and I don't have a new job offer before that, so I have to go back home for waiting to be invited. Now, my former employer wants me to go back to work as soon as possible. But my work permit is expired, and I am not currently in Canada. So, what can I do to make me go back to Canada again for working???. I have checked the CIC website, it says that I don't need LMIA if" I have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year ". So, if I don't need LMIA, am I qualified to work ???

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA and give you a full time job offer. You can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

I don't know what rule you're quoting - but it doesn't apply to you. You need an approved LMIA if you want to work in Canada.